I have not blogged since last week which is pretty long for me! I usually have a lot to write about, but the past few days we've done nothing exciting or worthy of blogging about (or maybe I've just been too lazy).
Adam has been super fussy the past couple days. Poor guy has a banged up face from falling on Friday, a nasty cold, and on top of all that, he's getting his 1 year molars. Not a good combination. He's woken up crying the past two nights.
Adam is really interested in learning to use his fork to eat. It's so cute watching him pierce his food and get it into his mouth. He's very proud of himself when he does:)
He also had fun feeding Cheerios to his pet alligator yesterday.
Last night I went with Mike to his Krav Maga class. About a month ago we were playing Skip-Bo (a card game that my Ollie taught me to play when I was little and I've been addicted to ever since!). It's much more fun when we place bets on our games so we played best out of three games and the loser had to go to the other person's exercise class. If Mike won, I had to go to his Krav class. If I won, he had to go to Zumba with me. Well, it came down to two measly cards and he won. However, we made another bet that if I could play my last two cards he had to go to Zumba with me... and I played them both. He did really well at Zumba. He has good rhythm and is a pretty good dancer whether he wants to admit it or not. I wasn't very eager to go to his class. It is so late (8:30-10pm) and it is during the Bachelor! Plus, it's very strenuous and he was not sure I would even make it through the warm up. Well, I made it through the warm up although I may have cheated just a tad! The warm up was called "The Filthy Fifty" and it was grueling. After that, however, I learned some very important moves I can use if someone ever attacks me. I practiced defending myself against a dummy, the instructor, and another lady that was there. I learned how and where to hit someone to do some real damage should they ever try to hurt me. At one point, we had to stand in the middle of a mat with our eyes closed and our partner would grab our arm and we had to fend them off of us. As much as I was dreading the class, I ended up really liking it. It's very empowering to know (even just a few) ways to defend yourself should you need to. Hopefully I never need to!
This morning we woke up to 5 inches of freshly fallen snow. It's very pretty, but to be honest, I'm over it. After Friday, I'm ready for spring! I did offer to shovel while Mike stayed in with the boys. I love shoveling when the snow is light and fluffy like it was this morning. I shoveled off the entire deck, driveway, sidewalk, and cleaned off all three cars. My arms were sore from last night's class, but after shoveling this morning, they are now shaking. I don't feel at all guilty about missing my Zumba class tonight. I definitely got a work out!
Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment