Yesterday you turned one year old. I really enjoyed reading back over the letters that I wrote to you each month. Thank goodness I have them because this year has gone by so quickly, I'm afraid I would forget so much. You are the PERFECT addition to our family. We love you more than words can say.
Now that you are a BIG one year old, you can do so much. Here's what you are up to:
- You are quite the napper. I thought you were giving up one of your naps a few weeks ago, but I think you just weren't feeling well because you are back to being a great napper. You still take a morning and afternoon nap and both naps are about 2 hours long. You go to bed at 7pm and you sleep till about 6 or 7am. I can't imagine you giving up your morning nap. You desperately need it!
- You and Owen are best buddies. You play so nicely together and you are very lucky to have a big brother that is patient and kind to you. He looks after you and protects you. We could not ask for a better role model. Daddy and I could sit and watch the two of you play together all day.
- You love books which makes me very happy. You love to pick out a book and bring it to me to read to you. Sometimes you just walk around the house with a book in your hand. You also like to chew on them, but we are working on that.
- You really like your pacifier (or nunner/nunny as we call it). Now that you are 1, it must stay in your crib. I don't think you are going to like that very much.
- We switched you over to whole milk a couple weeks ago and you love it. You also LOVE your bottles. I think weaning you is going to be quite the production. I have to admit that I really like holding and rocking you in your chair while giving you a bottle so it is going to be hard for me too.
- You are a pretty good eater. You have oatmeal, Cheerios, and fruit for breakfast. You like Mac-n-Cheese, toast, chicken, noodles, carrots, peas, broccoli cheese soup, and many other things. Your absolute favorite veggie is broccoli (just like your brother).
- You are funny. Daddy, Owen and I are always laughing at the silly things you do.
- You get into everything. I can't seem to have enough locks, gates, or baby proofing things.
- You are very
- You are a happy baby and love socializing with anyone and everyone.
- You are so snuggly and cuddly. You lay your head on our shoulder and when we rub or pat your back you do the same to us. It is so sweet :)
- You love to play "patty cake" and "peek-a-boo". Owen is trying to teach you "Ring Around the Rosie.
- You are a big boy. You weigh 23 lbs. 13 oz. and are 30 3/4 inches tall (just to compare... Owen was 22lbs. and 32 inches at 13 months). You wear 18-24 month clothes and size 3 diapers. Sadly, your very chunky, rolly legs are thinning out now that you are walking.
We love you so much and are very proud to be your mommy and daddy.
Happy birthday sweet Adam.
No comments:
Post a Comment