Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Adam's Birthday Party

We had a nice, little party for Adam's first birthday.  Since it is winter and we can't be outside and our house is pretty small, we didn't have too many people over for the celebration.



Thankfully, my cousin Kate, drove up from Philly to be at Adam's party.  She brought her wonderful camera and photography skills to capture some priceless photos of Adam on his big day.
 

For dinner, we had macaroni-n-cheese (Adam's favorite), salad, and subs from Subway.  We did cupcakes instead of a cake.  The cupcakes did not look anything like I described over the phone to the bakery.  I wanted them to be blue with green polka-dots, but I think they still looked cute!
Adam was not intimated one bit by all the attention or his big cupcake!  He dug right in, although judging from his face, I think it might have been a little too sweet for him.  Owen loved every minute of singing to Adam, helping him blow out his candle, and watching him eat his cupcake.  Adam was kind to share some of his sweet treat with Aunt Beth and I :)

Adam is a lucky boy to be loved by so many people!
Anna and Uncle Jesse could not be at the party since they live in Florida, but Anna made an adorable blanket for Adam.  They also sang "Happy Birthday" to Adam over the phone.  He held his ears the entire time... haha!

*To see more pictures and my birthday letter to Adam just click here.

Once the birthday boy was in bed, Owen put on a "Chicken Friday" concert for all of us. 

We also enjoyed some post-party sledding!

Adam had a great 1st birthday!  Thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate.

No comments: