Sunday, February 27, 2011

Busy Weekend

I had a very busy, but very fun weekend.  I spent Friday night finishing up the onesies I was making for Marybeth's baby shower which was on Saturday.  She is having twins (one boy, one girl).  I made each baby three onesies.  My sewing machine was not cooperating so I had to wait until my mom came over to fix it that night until I could finish and I'm not sure if I was rushing or what, but my sewing was kind of all over the place.  It looked like I had had a few too many while sewing.  Oh well... from a distance they look cute.
On Saturday I drove to Bethlehem to meet Katie at her house and then we drove together to Marybeth's baby shower in Palmerton.  We had such a nice time.  One of our friends from college that we don't get to see often made the trip down for MB's shower.  It was great to catch up and reminisce about our crazy college days.  I think I had both of my friends almost convinced that it was the PERFECT time for them to get pregnant!  haha!!
Marybeth got sooooo many gifts and diapers.  I remember how wonderful it was to go home and go through all my new baby gifts, wash the little outfits in Dreft, and organize the nursery.  Now all she needs are those two sweet babies!  I can't wait to meet them.  Good Lord I can't imagine having twins, but it seems a LOT of people I know or know of are having twins these days.  There must be something in the water. I know MB's mom can't wait for her grandbabies to arrive. 
Marybeth and her mom (aka- Granny Annie)
This morning (Sunday) all four of us went to church.  Usually Mike and I take turns going with Owen and we go to church while he goes to Sunday school, but Mr. Adam is now transitioning to one nap a day so all four of us were able to go.  It was a really good service/message.  Probably the best one in the 4 1/2 years we've been going to this church.  It was all about worrying... something I am, unfortunately, very good at doing.  Adam did pretty well in the nursery too.  He got fussy and tired towards the end and Mike picked him up and stayed with him.

After church we went to a 1st birthday celebration for Samantha! Here's the cute birthday girl.
Owen and Ella took charge and opened one of Samantha's birthday presents.  Once they realized what was inside the box (clothes) they dropped everything and headed off somewhere else to play.

Adam giving "I I's" to Sam.  I think these two could pass for being brother and sister!

Sam digging into her ice cream cake. She didn't seem to mind the cold ice cream one bit. Her mama doesn't mess around with ordinary cakes!

3/4 of our munchkins (Adam was headed home for a nap at this point).
What a nice weekend!

1 comment:

MB said...

I love my onesies. I can't wait for E & A to wear them!!