I'm back. I wanted to post some pictures of the projects I have been working on and finally completed. My poor house is even more of a disaster than normal because any free moment I've had this week (like when the boys are napping or in bed for the night), I have spent doing crafts. They make me happy, so I guess it's worth it.
1. Adam's 1st birthday shirt. This year we did not go with a theme for his birthday. I thought about it for months (yes, months) and I could not think of a "theme" that I liked, so I just picked two colors (blue and green) and went with that. These shirts are so easy and fun to make. I got the idea for these type of shirts from different bloggers and Etsy sites.
2. Tissue paper pom-poms (we won't call them flowers). They were also a lot of fun to make and pretty simple too. I watched a couple tutorials on YouTube to learn how to make them. I have had them hanging in our dining room all week and Adam loves when I hold him up and let him swat at them.
3. Our bathroom is very ugly and outdated. It is the next big project on our list (followed by our kitchen). I hate pretty much everything about the bathroom, but it serves its purpose. It is teal and white and thank goodness we replaced the teal toilet before we moved in. It is also tiny. There's this white shelf thing in the corner and in an attempt to distract people from the shelf's ugliness, I got an idea to display some of Owen's artwork. I bought three cheap frames from the Dollar Store and put a picture that he painted/drew in each one. I love displaying his creations and he is so proud to see them there when he goes potty.
4. The heart garland. I don't usually decorate for any holiday except Christmas, but I thought I would try out a few Valentine's Day crafts this year. Owen seems to really appreciate and enjoy them and I know that won't last long so I better take it while I can! I got the idea from another blogger. I cut out lots of hearts from Valentiney scrapbook paper. I was going to use my sewing machine, but I was afraid it would ruin it if I sewed paper. So, I used a big red ribbon. I glued the hearts onto the ribbon and it looked pretty, but did not hang well over my mantle. Since I had lots of hearts leftover, I decided to try sewing them and it worked! It looked much better too.
5. The rose wreath. This was VERY time consuming. I would not have made it had I known it was going to take me almost a week to finish. Each rose took about 3 minutes to make and glue down. It ended up looking really pretty, but my house does not look pretty because I completely abandoned it. I was a nervous nelly for the first half of the week and this project helped keep me busy. It was tedious, but relaxing at the same time. All I used to make it was red crape paper, a styrofome wreath, and a glue gun. I hope it fades a little bit in the sun because the red is a little bright. I got the idea from a few different bloggers and I also checked out some tutorials on YouTube.
Owen is really into the Valentine spirit too. He made his own hearts and decided to put them near his time out chair so when he is on time out he won't cry. He seldom gets put on time out and when he does, he almost never cries, but whatever:)
Tonight Mike and I are going on a little Valentine's Day dinner date. We are using a gift certificate we got for Christmas to our favorite restaurant. I'm looking forward to it. It's so nice when we can sit down to eat and finish our sentences when we talk to each other.
And, tonight is also the eve of Adam's 1st birthday!




1 comment:
Love the crafts Sarah! Can't wait to see you all tomorrow!!
Post a Comment