Monday, February 14, 2011

Day of Love

I had a nice day with my valentines:)  Mike and I celebrated by going to dinner with some friends on Friday night and exchanging little gifts (we don't usually get each other much at all).  Then, this morning during breakfast I gave Owen a small gift bag full of some goodies (paint, stickers, cards, and a foam rocket launcher thingy).  I try not to go too overboard... just a few cute things to celebrate the day.  Adam, poor guy, did not get any gifts this year.  I figured he is still too little to even care, plus he just had a birthday.  I will do better next year and get him some things.  However, he must have gotten the memo that it was Valentine's Day because he gave me lots of slobbery, wet kisses all day.  I took the boys over to Linda's house this morning so they could participate in some of the activities.  It was good for Adam to have a chance to play with some of the kids since he will be there three days a week next year when I go back to work. 

The best part of the day was playing outside in the beautiful weather.  We played on the deck in the sunshine for a while and then went for a walk.  Owen was in heaven with the nice, warm weather (at least it felt warm compared to the cold temps we've had all winter).  He sang "Chicken Friday" at the top of his lungs as we walked around the neighborhood.  Spreading cheer wherever he goes... that's my Owen.

After naps things kind of went downhill.  I took both boys to the grocery store since we needed some things.  I seriously feel like I make four trips to the store a week for food.  I have no idea what we are going to do when we have two teenage boys in the house.  I brought some puff snacks for Adam, but he kept spilling them everywhere (and not eating them) so I took the container from him.  He was NOT happy with me.  Then, he got a hold of the box of yogurt and started to chew on it.  Well, I guess in the 2 seconds I was not watching him (even though he was in front of my face the entire time) he managed to get one of the yogurts out of the box, chew on the foil, which made a hole in the foil, which cut his tongue, which started to bleed, which caused me to finally notice and take it away from him, which caused him to throw a MAJOR fit in the middle of the store and nothing I did calmed him down.  A nice, old lady tried to talk to him and make him stop screaming, but it did not work.  He was ticked.  Everyone was staring.  I was THAT mom.  The mom in the grocery store that has the child throwing a fit and you wonder why she can't control her kid.   Yep...that was me.  In my head I told myself that next time I see another mom in my same situation I will make sure I give her the "I know how you are feeling and I can relate" look instead of the "Can't you control your child?" annoyed look.

All Owen kept saying was, "He's not having very good behavior is he mommy?"

We came home and Adam ate a lot.  I think that was part of the problem... he was hungry.  The rest of the afternoon and evening was tantrum free and full of lots of lovin' from my three boys :)

No comments: