Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Love Song

I have never been serenaded, ever, until today. Today I was serenaded by the sweetest, most adorable almost 4 year old.

I decided to finally put up the chalkboard stickers that were given to us as a gift at least a year ago. It must have made Owen super happy (even though he did not even know you could write on them) because he grabbed his guitar and belted out the cutest love song (in true rock star style) about his mommy. I just sat there and took it all in. It was so precious and straight from his heart. He said all sorts of kind things in his song like, "My mommy's so fwiendly, I love her so much, she is the best, she put up stickers..." It was not a long song, but one I never want to forget. I asked him if he would sing it again, but this time so I could video tape him and surprisingly he said, "Sure!" However, he was concerned that he wouldn't be able to remember the words, but he decided he would just make up a new one. Here's the reenactment of the original song. Still very sweet, but not quite as meaningful as the first one. Plus, he forgot the "fwiendly" part in the second song. I love him so much. He has definitely put me in the Valentine's spirit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Has Owen been observing rock stars? His movements & expressions, the power in his voice & meaning of his lyrics - so adorable! Aunt Judy

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! Can't wait to see you guys. -Aunt Beth <3

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart! His moves are getting better and better.
Love, Abuela