I keep saying, "Next year we'll get a real tree," but we still have a fake one. I love the smell of real trees, but don't like the needles, sap, and bugs. I had both boys in their matching jammies and I took
I wanted to get a picture of the three of us, but when I went to take the picture Adam grabbed my face and gave me a BIG kiss! He's such a lover. Gotta love the bald spot on my head. I did not realize it was that bad until I saw this picture. The same thing happened after I had Owen and I did not think it was as bad after having Adam, but clearly I was mistaken!!
I was laughing so hard at Owen. After Adam wore the Santa hat, he wanted to wear it even though it was too small. I told him to stand by the tree so I could take his picture. I totally expected him to make some goofy smile like he usually does, but instead he POSED. I was dying laughing inside, but I wanted him to do it again for a better picture, so I acted like it was totally normal. I knew if I laughed he would get embarrassed. He was really trying to look nice for the camera... I could tell.
![]() |
| "The Pose"- wondering where in the world he got that from??? |
Right after dinner Owen got to open his first gift which was actually from Mike. Adam enjoyed "helping" Owen open his present and then climbing on the box. I can just tell Christmas is going to be pretty funny with this little guy.
Owen got an Eagles uniform and helmet. He LOVED it and had to put it on right away and play tackle with daddy. Today's gifts were much larger than what he will get every day in his advent calendar (at least I hope so or we will have one spoiled little boy)!! :)
Then, both boys got to open their first gift from Nana Way from their advent calendar. Every day Owen opens a drawer and in each drawer is a gift tag. He has to match the gift tag from the drawer with the present that has the same gift tag. It is such a special tradition that Nana Way started with Mike when he was in college. Then, when we were married, she did one for each of us. Now that we have kids, she does it for our boys. I think I look forward to Owen's gift each day as much as he does! Two years ago she had a book for him to open every day.
Owen got a Flyer's jersey and a Clifford book. He loves Clifford!
Here's Adam opening his gift. He got a cute little horse. I think he liked the paper as much as the horse. I have a feeling that's how it will be this year. The paper will be as much fun as the presents.
I find the pacifier to be very helpful during times like opening presents and decorating the tree. It helps to keep him from putting EVERYTHING in his mouth. Instead he just rips things apart.
Then it was on to the tree decorating. I decided to put my control freak tendencies away for a little while and just let Owen have fun hanging ornaments.
Well, this is what the tree looked like...
He must have had 50 ornaments in one little spot. Mike thought we should leave it like that, and it was pretty funny, but I just couldn't. After we were finished I did go back and "fix" it up a bit.
| Adam "helping" to hang ornaments. |
![]() |
| Our finished tree |
Our elf friend, Sam, is back! He will watch Owen (and Adam) every day and take notes on their good, and not so good, behavior. Then, at night, he will fly back to the North Pole and report to Santa on the boys' behavior that day. Each morning he will return to our house and be in a different spot and Owen will have to find him. Such a cute little way to hopefully remind Owen to be on his BEST behavior :)















2 comments:
Love the jammies, Owen's poses, and Adam climbing on the box! You guys are going to have one fun Christmas!!
Really cute jammies, antlers, & poses. Your tree looks beautiful, both before & after. You're making wonderful Christmas memories! Aunt Judy
Post a Comment