Thursday we took the boys to see Santa. I posted the one picture, but here is another one I thought was cute. Owen was also staring at Santa for his first Santa picture.
That afternoon, Owen and I made snowman cookies!
Friday (Christmas Eve), Paige, the girls, Barry, my mom, Beth and Eric came over in the morning. We had a great time and were very entertained by Ella and Owen.
| Owen playing the "B-tar" |
| Ella got a beautiful princess dress and an wide assortment of heels for Christmas. She was in heaven. |
| A very serious Buzz Lightyear |
That afternoon, before going over to my parent's house, we stopped to visit Ollie. It was Owen's idea to bring Ollie some cookies and some for her "fwends". She was awake when we arrived and smiled and laughed at the boys. Owen has always been so good with Ollie. He sat on her bed and rubbed her arm and then gave her a hug before we left. The nurses said they would give her a chocolate chip cookie after they fed her dinner. We told the nurses they could have the rest of the cookies. After visiting Ollie we went to my parent's house to open gifts and have dinner. Owen and Adam got so many wonderful gifts. I got a new sewing machine and I can't wait to use it!
After spending time at my parent's house we went to the Christmas Eve service at our church. Despite being on a steroid for his cough and eating a BIG chocolate whoopie pie right before the service, Owen did pretty well. We tried putting Adam in the nursery, but when Mike went to check on him he was very upset so he brought him back to sit with us. He was so sleepy and just snuggled and laid his head on my shoulder. So sweet.
After church we came home and got ready for Santa to visit our house! All night long Owen was saying the most adorable things. He was so excited and on his best behavior because he knew Santa was watching :) Almost everything that came out of his mouth melted our hearts. Mike and I tried to soak it all in and fully enjoy the moment as Owen got his cookies and water ready for Santa. Then, he went to the freezer and put broccoli out for the reindeer. We were out of carrots and he thought they'd like broccoli.
We wrote Santa a letter and then read "The Night Before Christmas" together before tucking Owen in for the night. It was, by far, one of the best moments we've ever had with Owen. It was so magical. At one point, I said to Mike, "It doesn't get much better than this!" Owen insisted on sleeping with his blinds up so that if he saw Santa he could yell out his window, "Sank" you Santa! Happy holidays!"
Owen woke up around 7:30 Christmas morning. Unfortunately Adam was up around 5 to eat and then fell back to sleep until 8:30am! We couldn't make Owen wait to open his presents from Santa, so Adam just opened his when he woke up. Looking back over the pictures of Owen opening his gifts I realized he looked very serious! Not sure why.
We wrote Santa a letter and then read "The Night Before Christmas" together before tucking Owen in for the night. It was, by far, one of the best moments we've ever had with Owen. It was so magical. At one point, I said to Mike, "It doesn't get much better than this!" Owen insisted on sleeping with his blinds up so that if he saw Santa he could yell out his window, "Sank" you Santa! Happy holidays!"
Owen woke up around 7:30 Christmas morning. Unfortunately Adam was up around 5 to eat and then fell back to sleep until 8:30am! We couldn't make Owen wait to open his presents from Santa, so Adam just opened his when he woke up. Looking back over the pictures of Owen opening his gifts I realized he looked very serious! Not sure why.
Later that morning we headed over to Papa and Finny's house to open gifts and eat breakfast. Owen got some more terrific gifts. One of those gifts was a pair of Buzz and Woody cowboy boots which he wears everywhere! They even light up.
| Adam enjoyed the paper as much as the presents! |
| The cowboy boots look great with the Christmas jammies! ha! |
Around noonish we had to bring the boys home for naps to recharge because that afternoon we headed over to my grandpa's house to celebrate Christmas with my dad's side of the family. We had a great time! Papa Doc was very emotional and loved having everyone together in his house.
| Adam loved playing with Samantha, but he could be a little intense at times. |
| "Hey, I have one of those too!" |
We tried to take a group shot, but the picture did not turn out that great. I think it looks better in black and white. It could be because I had too much light behind me. Not sure.
That takes us up to Christmas day. Phew. It's late and I am still not finished, but I am going to bed. Tomorrow, I will post pictures and write about Sunday and today!






No comments:
Post a Comment