After brunch, we put the boys down for naps and my sister and cousins came over to our house for a gift exchange. Anna suggested we do a "Dirty Santa" exchange and it was a lot of fun!
We also planned when everyone is going to be married and have kids. ha! We played some darts out in the shed too :) It's too bad we could not have continued the party into the evening, however, almost everyone had to get back home for work the following day. Jesse and Anna were driving back to Florida. Kate and Beau had to get back to Philly and Beth and Eric were driving to Baltimore. I was very anxious about everyone driving in the snow, but thankfully they all made it back home safely.
![]() |
| Our plan. haha! |
![]() |
| The boys hanging out in the shed. |
Shaggy and his girlfriend, Maureen were visiting from Colorado so they had their 15 week old Swiss Mountain puppy along. I was very apprehensive about having a puppy in our house, however this was not like most puppies. I thought he would be full of energy, jumping up on us, and chewing furniture and toys, but he did not do any of that. He was the most gentle, mellow, sweet puppy! He was so well behaved and great with Owen and Adam. I could not believe how big he was! His paws were the size of my feet. He is going to be one big dog some day!
![]() |
| Porter |
Mike's friends spent the night which made Owen super excited. Once everyone was up they all went to breakfast while I stayed back so Adam could nap.
Then, I took Owen over to Paige's parent's house so he, Ella and Samantha could exchange gifts. They talked Aunt Sally into playing Play-Doh and making necklaces and bracelets out of Play-Doh.
That night we took Finny and Papa out to dinner for Finny's birthday. We went to the Franklin House and the food was delicious!! Owen insisted on wearing his cowboy hat, cowboy boots, and the sheriff badge that Shaggy brought for him from Colorado. After we were finished eating the waitress asked Owen if he had enough to eat and he lifted his shirt all the way up to show her his full belly!
So we've been going non-stop since Thursday and while we are having a great time, I hope things slow down a little bit or this week is going to be over before we know it!
We are so thankful for all the gifts we received. Owen and Adam are enjoying playing with all their new toys!





No comments:
Post a Comment