Monday, December 20, 2010

What We've Been Up To...

We are still trying to recover from the Great Sickness of 2010.  My voice is slowly, but surely, returning, although I think Mike was starting to like my whisper voice.  Adam is still not feeling great.  We switched anitbiotics so hopefully that helps.  He is not eating or drinking much at all and has had lots of diarrhea.  But enough about our icky sicknesses...

Last night Mike took Owen to a Hershey Bears game.  Nana Way and I were supposed to go along and my mom was going to watch Adam, but we decided it would be best if Adam and I stayed home.  So Owen asked his buddy, Aiden, and his daddy if they wanted to go.  They had an awesome time and their seats were right up against the glass!!  Mike took some pictures with his iPhone.





Today Papa and Finny kindly took Owen for the morning since Adam is still not feeling great.  I feel like we have been neglecting poor Owen since Adam has been so sick.  He's watched WAY too much TV.  I think we might go on a TV strike over the holidays.

This afternoon Owen played the guitar for his brother. 


What do you do with a nook that has ugly paint, curtains, wall paper, and a hideous light fixture?

You cover it with Christmas cards.


And let your three year old decorate it with all of his artwork and stickers :)
This evening Owen announced that he had a big boogie he had to get out of his nose.  I told him to get a tissue, but he must have thought his finger worked better.  When I walked into our dining room I caught him looking at his boogie through his magnifying glass!  I had to quickly grab my camera and take a picture.... priceless and such a BOY!  Looks like it was a very interesting booger.


Tonight I realized that Christmas will be here in just 4 days and we have a ton of Christmas books that we still have not read.  So Owen and I snuggled up on the couch and I tried hard to read, however my voice would not really cooperate.  We'll try again tomorrow night to get through some more.

Another blogger, Clover Lane,  wrote this wonderful post about capturing your children's "Sparkly Eyes" especially during the busy Christmas season.  I have to remind myself this time of year to stop and take it all in. Our boys will only be little for a short time and the holidays are so much fun with little ones :)

No comments: