Owen is almost finished with his antibiotics for his ear infection and his cough is still the same.... not good. In fact, Monday and Tuesday night he was up for over an hour coughing. We tried everything to make it stop, but felt pretty helpless. Then I did what they tell you not to do, but most parents do anyway, I started looking on the Internet for what could be causing this dry cough that he has had for about 4 months. Well by the time I was finished "researching" I was pretty much convinced he had Cystic Fibrosis and I was a wreck for the past two days. I called the doctor today and they decided to try him on reflux medicine. Mike was also getting worried so he called the doctor himself and felt reassured after talking to the nurse that the chances of him having CF are very rare. I had my sister worried too, however she talked to some other nurses and even a doctor at Johns Hopkins and they do not think he has CF. He has had a clear chest X-ray and is gaining weight and growing. Plus, his cough is dry and non-productive. CF children have a very productive, mucusy cough. I felt a little better after hearing that, but I am still concerned. I have a lot of respect for parents of sick kids... I don't know how they do it.
I have some sort of chest cold, bronchitis thing going on. I can barely talk and my throat is sore. Then, tonight, we went over to Aunt Judy and Uncle Boo's for a little while (and thinking back it was probably not the best idea) and when we got home, I was giving Adam a bottle and he felt warm. I took his temperature and it was 102.5! It has never been that high, ever.
So all plans are off for the weekend. Tomorrow, I was planning on taking the boys to see Santa at Park City and then to the Choo Choo Barn since you get in free with a canned good, but we are going to be hanging out here at home and possibly going back to the doctor. The Christmas cocktail party Mike and I were supposed to go to won't be happening either. Hopefully by next week we are all feeling better!
No comments:
Post a Comment