Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Festivities

This past weekend was full of holiday festivities and time with family.  Paige made a last minute visit so she brought both girls over Saturday morning to play.  Owen and Ella have so much fun playing together.  In fact, we did not see them most of the time so I didn't even get any pictures of the two of them.  Imagine that!  Adam and Samantha are starting to interact and play with each other.  I am sure they will be good buddies just like Owen and Ella before too long.



Saturday night Mike and I had two Christmas parties to go to.  First was his work party and after that was the Smith's party.  Both parties were a lot of fun!

Sunday morning we headed to Strasburg for a train ride with Santa.  It was unbelievably cold and windy, but we still had a nice time.  We had lunch on the train while it took us for a ride.  At the end of the ride Santa came by to see the boys.  Owen was pumped to see him.  He gave him a thumbs up when he first saw him and then was a little speechless when Santa came over to him.




Adam REALLY wanted a taste of Owen's chocolate chip cookie!


Owen's thumbs up when he first saw Santa.
A quick picture with Mr. C
Sunday, after all four of us took naps, we went over to Finny and Papa's to help them put up their tree.

Today, we continued our holiday festivities by reading the book The Gingerbread Man and making and decorating our own gingerbread men.  Owen loved playing in the flour...

rolling out the dough
 
using the gingerbread cookie cutter
decorating the cookies with icing
and of course, eating them!  

Now I am off to move our little elf friend to a new location.  I see he has "fallen" down from his spot.  I would bet a certain little three year old touched him even though he knows that the #1 rule is he cannot be touched.  Oh Owen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Priceless photo with Mr. C!
Really cute one of Owen eating a g-man, too. Aunt Judy