All I want for Christmas is my voice. I have been without a voice since Thursday night and when I sit and think about it for long enough, I start to panic that it won't ever come back. Which might not be that big of a deal if I did not have a three year old and a ten month old. I think if my family hears one more "Pssssssst!" out of me they might hit me. When I want their attention, I either clap really loud or say "Psssssst!" Mike especially likes it! :) When Owen is doing something he shouldn't, like running into the living room to dive on the couch with a face covered in spaghetti sauce, I clap really loud to get his attention to come back to get his face wiped.
The worst part in this whole sickness thing that overtook our family was Adam. He had a temperature of 103.5 yesterday afternoon. Thankfully I had taken him to the doctor after my doctor appointment that morning where I learned I had bronchitis, laryngitis, and sinusitis. Taking him to the dr was interesting without a voice. At first they probably thought I was just a really quiet, soft spoken mom, until they figured out I was just sick. Adam has an ear infection and a cough.
Yesterday was horrible and scary. Adam's fever was so high he would just lay on us like a wet noodle, grunting and moaning. We were prepared at any moment to take him to the ER, although I am not sure what they would do.
Today Adam is feeling better. I can tell because his is playing, getting into things he shouldn't, and starting to smile again.
It was hard not seeing him smile at all yesterday. He's still not 100%, but his fever has gone down (for now) and I think the antibiotics are starting to work. Thank the Lord. And thank goodness for our family. My dad came over yesterday to sit with the boys while I went to the doctor. Mike's mom picked up some massive quantities of Clorox wipes for us from the store and her Advent gift to Owen was a VERY long movie about a soccer dog which could not have come at a better time. My mom picked Owen up today so he could go over and play and get out of the house for a while.... he was very excited and so were we! And Finny just dropped off the most amazing filling and chicken noodle soup and I am trying hard not to gorge myself right now.
My husband, however, is the real superman in all of this. He took a half day of work yesterday and picked up lunch for all of us. He took such good care of Adam and I. Whenever a sickness goes through our house he turns into a cleaning and sanitizing madman. He sanitized all the toys, cleaned all the carpets and hardwood floors even pulling out the couches to get underneath them, cleaned out the pellet stove, did the dishes, got all these healthy vitamin drinks at the grocery store, and so much more I can't even think of right now. Funny story about the healthy drinks... he got these drinks that were originally made to give essential vitamins, minerals, and energy to chemotherapy patients. I asked him before I tried one if they had any caffeine in them and he said they did not. They taste pretty bad, but I sucked it up. Finally, at 1am, I still had not fallen asleep so I came down to check the label, and sure enough, they have a LOT of caffeine in them. I only fell asleep at 2am.
Most of all, Mike snuggled and cuddled Adam and tried to make him as comfy as he could while making sure to continuously check his temp and give him his medicine on time . He let me sleep and got up with him whenever he cried. What a great guy :)
Maybe I spoke too soon about Adam feeling better, he just had diarrhea. Better go!
I will end this post with a picture that I took last week before The Great Sickness of 2010 hit us . Probably should have saved it for a Wordless Wednesday.

No comments:
Post a Comment