Friday, December 10, 2010

Rambling

Two nights ago I needed to find something to occupy Owen since we had an hour until the Polar Express movie was coming on.  Adam was already in bed, Mike was watching hockey and I had things to do.  I put a few cups of rice on a pan and told Owen to pick out some trucks and he was occupied for 55 wonderful minutes!!!!  I got the idea from another blogger, but she used beans.  I did not have beans, but I had rice and although it got a little messy, it was completely worth it.  In fact, Owen was so engrossed in what he was doing that he was having conversations with himself.  It was funny so I grabbed my camera and took some video of it which I will post another time.  I get so many good ideas from other bloggers.

Adam has been abnormally fussy the past few days.  I think he may be teething.  The poor guy doesn't get a break!  He has seven teeth already.  He's started drooling more and that usually means more teeth.  He's been really clingy and just wanting to be held which doesn't really bother me.  Tonight I put him in the front carrier while I did things around the house, something I haven't done in a while.  I'm gonna miss that when he gets a little bigger :(

We bought more baby proofing things to try to keep Adam out of cabinets, etc.  Well now since he can't get in the cabinets he just goes for the drawers and ends up pinching his fingers.  And if we don't have the pantry door closed he goes right for the Oreos.  I'm think he inherited the Reager sweet tooth/chocolate lover gene.

Lately I've been trying really hard to think about what it was like when Owen was a baby... what he looked like, how he acted, what it felt like to hold him when he was so little.  I remember some things, but so much of his infancy is a blur.  I have tons of pictures, but no stories written down to go along with them.  I wish I would have blogged back then.  Last night while Owen and I were lying in bed I was telling him about how he was sucking his thumb and jumping up and down when they were taking pictures of him in my belly.  He thought that was funny.  He likes hearing stories about what he was like when he was a baby.

I have been on a baking kick.  Yesterday I made chocolate covered pretzels while the boys napped and in the evening, once Adam was in bed, Owen and I made peanut butter blossoms.  
 
Owen unwrapped two bags of Hershey kisses and did not eat one!  He was working on self-control:).  I did let him have one in the end because he worked so hard and did such a good job.  It was also his job to put a kiss on each cookie when they came out of the oven. 
 
He had fun looking at his reflection and talking to himself while he waited for more cookies to come out of the oven.  
 
This morning we took some of the chocolate pretzels and cookies to Linda's house for Linda and the other three teachers.  Now we have to deliver some to our neighbors.

Tonight I took Owen over to his best buddy, Aiden's house.  We had a yummy dinner, the boys played, and then they decorated Christmas cookies.  We had a really nice time and once again, Owen did not want to come home!
 Only 14 more days until Christmas!

No comments: