Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reason # 1,362...

Reason #1,362 why I LOVE being on extended maternity leave...

We can enjoy playdates and outings with friends during the day and avoid the crowds.

Monday we met Jill, Jason, Crystal and their kids at the Hershey Historical Society to check out their train display.  We took Owen last year and he really enjoyed it and it's only $1!  The track is interactive and the kids really liked pushing all the buttons to see what would happen.
Owen was annoyed with me because I wanted to take his picture and he wanted to play- hence the forced cheese look
Owen and C chatting about what they were going to get at Chocolate World.  C was telling Owen he was going to get a milkshake and Owen was telling him he did not like milkshakes.

 
After the trains, we headed over to Chocolate World.  We rode the ride, had some lunch, and hung out in the food court area.  As I said before, it was not crowded at all and that made it nice because the kids could wander around as long as we could see them.
This house was made entirely out of candy!
After Chocolate World Adam had an appointment to get his second flu shot.  Owen had a little cold and was complaining Sunday that his ear hurt and Monday morning he was coughing so I scheduled an appointment for him too.  It turns out Owen has an ear infection in his left ear.  As for the cough, it is going on 4 months that he has had this cough.  We have tried everything:  chest X-ray, Claritin, Nubulizer, putting away all stuffed animals, and adding humidity to the house.  If this round of antibiotics does not stop his cough, which I am doubtful it will, we are going to try an antacid to see if it is reflux related. Adam, on the other hand, has pink eye and is on drops.  His eye was a little red Monday morning, but it got a lot worse as the day went on.  So we're pretty much falling apart!  I am just hoping the boys did not share their yucky germs with our friends!

After the doctor we went to the grocery store and the pharmacy.  I was feeling quite exhausted by the end of all that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been loving your posts lately, Sarah. All the adorable pictures and stories are so great! I'm sorry I don't click over to comment more, but I just wanted you to know that I'm reading and love watching your boys grow. Can't wait to see you all over the holidays!