Monday, August 30, 2010

Our First Week

This is our first "official" week back to the grind. As much as I miss having Mike home during the day, I am glad to get back into a regular routine.

Yesterday Owen and I had some school time. It went really well and was a lot of fun. I am teaching Owen about opposites this week . We started by putting together a puzzle about opposites. It is so cute to hear him tell me what "opposite" means and give me examples. He has been exceptionally chatty this week. We are also going to be making a book and drawing pictures of opposites and going on a walk outside to look for things that are opposites.

I got this really cool idea from another blogger. She makes a bin called "The Bin of Quiet Time Fun". I think I am going to put one together. I won't explain much about it since it was her idea and she wrote all about it. If you want to check it out... just click HERE.

We also had a playdate on Monday with Tyler, Matthew, Gavin, Eva, and Lucas. We met them at the playground at Mt. Gretna and played for a while and then had a picnic lunch. It was so nice! We can't wait to do it again.

Today Owen went to Linda's. After I dropped him off I put Adam down for his morning nap and I was sitting on our front porch drinking my yummy instant French Vanilla Latte and reading my book. All of a sudden I hear Owen singing at the top of his lungs the "Hot Potato" song from the Wiggles. It was so funny! Linda's house is right around the block from our house so I usually can hear the kids yelling while they play, but I thought it was so funny that he was singing so loud that I could pick out his voice. He must have been having a good time!

Once Adam woke up we went to Wal-Mart and he rode in the front of the cart for the first time rather than sitting in his carseat or being carried in the front pack. He was so proud of himself.
This afternoon, after both boys got up from their naps, I filled up our little blue pool. We did not get it out much this summer, but our pool is closed all week and it is soooo hot out that I thought they would really enjoy it. They are beginning to play together and Mike and I love watching them interact. Owen crawls around on the floor with Adam and they laugh and laugh.

No comments: