Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

We had a great weekend! I was worried we weren't going to be able to do a lot of the things we had planned, but it all worked out. Thursday night Owen had a fever and a headache. He was up from 2-3am on Friday, but luckily, by the morning he was feeling better and his fever had gone down. Friday morning we laid low and then in the afternoon Ella, Paige and Samantha come over to visit. Owen and Ella are 2nd cousins and they have so much fun playing together. I just wish they lived closer!!

Saturday morning Mike and I did our long run. We ran about 9 miles (1 hour 41 minutes). We started out on the rail trail and then did "Brightbill's Road/Driveway" and did some trail running through Mt. Gretna before getting back on the rail trail towards home. Brightbill's road is probably the steepest hill I have ever run up in my life. If you could even call it running. At one point I thought I might pass out or throw up. As grueling as it was, I was happy I did it and the rest of the run did not seem so bad! This Saturday we are going to Harrisburg for our 10 mile run. We are going to run the course and maybe walk a little at the end, unless I am feeling really good and want to run all 13 miles. We'll see. The actual race is less than a month away and the training program I am following only has me doing 10 miles at most.

Later Saturday morning, Paige and I took Ella and Owen to the horse show. It was a beautiful morning to be outside. The weather was perfect!

Saturday afternoon we went to my aunt and uncle's for a party. It was so much fun! There was so much for everyone to do.... volleyball, soccer, feeding the fish at their pond, climbing up the tree house, swinging, corn hole, quoits, see-sawing (my favorite!!), not to mention slushy machines and a cotton candy machine. I have always wanted to spin my own cotton candy and that night I got to. We brought the boys home around 7pm and put Adam to bed. Once Lindsay arrived to stay with the boys we went back to the party to hang out with everyone and listen to the guy they had singing/playing the guitar. Unfortunately we left before the bon-fire and a lot of people were spending the night in tents by the pond.

Today we hung out at home and played with Aunt Beth, Eric, Paige, and Ella. This afternoon we took all took a long nap. I love naps. Especially on rainy Sunday afternoons. Then, this evening we went bowling with my parent, sister, and Eric. It was Owen's first time bowling and he really liked it! I bowled a little too, but it was kind of tricky because Adam was sleeping in my front pack. After bowling we came home and made dinner and now we are all relaxing on the couch watching Caillou, reading books, and blogging. Well... all of us, but Adam. He's asleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos - those of Owen & Ella, and fish feeding are especially cute. Aunt Judy