Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Funday

I can't really remember what we did Saturday so it must not have been that exciting. I do know that after naps (well, Owen did not nap for the third time this week) we went to Lancaster to go to Babies-R-Us and the mall for a few things. I don't know what we were thinking going to the mall when everyone was there doing back to school shopping. It was very crowded. After that we splurged and went out to eat. Mike wanted to drive into Lancaster city and eat at the Brick House. I don't know what we were thinking there either. Owen did not nap so he was not behaving as well as he usually does. Adam decided to be a pterodactyl almost the entire time. We kept taking turns walking him around and not even that helped. Both boys were so tired they were acting crazy. We ended up getting half our meals to-go, put on some calming baby music in the car because we ALL needed it, and both boys fell asleep on the way home. Mike was able to carry Owen into the house and put him to bed he was that tired. He slept from 6:15pm till 6:30am the next morning! Adam, on the other hand, was up until about 9 since he napped in the car and then woke up.

We had a very enjoyable Sunday. This morning we went to church. All four of us. Adam went to the nursery and did not seem to mind at all. I think he liked the fact that he was the youngest one there and got a lot of attention! I think it is good for him to go so he gets used to other people holding him and being away from mommy and daddy for a bit. Owen didn't want to stay in the nursery and play, in fact, he refused to even step foot inside the nursery room for fear that we'd make him stay. He ended up sitting with us in church and did a terrific job. He enjoys the music and was so well behaved. I did show him his Sunday school room where he will be going starting in two weeks. He has some anxiety over that, but I think he will like it. I may have to bribe him the first time with the yummy powered doughnuts they have in the snack area. He had three of them today. The message was really good today. Mike said it pumped him up for the first day of school :) It was on hospitality.

After church Adam took a nap and Owen played outside. My once anal retentive, neat freak child is starting to FINALLY enjoy getting his hands dirty when he plays outside. In fact, lately I have been catching him burying himself in his sandbox. Today he was so dirty and sandy that I had to make him take all his clothes off outside and then gave him a bath before he could get in his bed for his afternoon nap. Just the way I like it. I resisted the urge to find my camera to get a picture of him, but he was very very dirty. Sand and dirt covered every square inch of his body. After his bath I had to clip his nails to try to get the dirt out and there is still some in there. It will come out eventually.

This evening we met my parents at the QT for some dinner and to listen to Scott G. sing and play the guitar. Owen loved it and Adam did not mind the loud music either.

Tonight I am going to have a moment of silence so I can truly appreciate and enjoy the fact that I am NOT starting school tomorrow. It is a wonderful feeling. A feeling I may never get to have again until I retire, so I want to relish it as much as I can. I did pick out Mike's shirts and ties for the week and iron his pants. I've never really picked out his clothes before and it was kinda fun! I told him he needs some cute ties for special occasions. Kids get a kick out of that.

Ok. Off to give Adam a bath and put him to bed!

No comments: