

It was a little nuts! I definitely don't think I could have an in-home daycare! The kids were fine, but we had to be on our toes the entire time. We were pretty tired afterwards and felt like we did not get to talk that much because as soon as we'd start a conversation we'd have to run off to get/stop/hold/help/take care of one of the babies. It was still a lot of fun getting together. Next time we leave the kids at home and meet for lunch (we get the kids together every other time, which works out nicely:) My camera died so I am still waiting for Jill or Crystal to e-mail me some pictures. They got some good ones.Friday night my mom and I took Owen to see the Wiggles!! We wanted to have dinner at Houlahan's first, but the wait was too long so we tried the Devon Fish Market restaurant. It was really nice and the food was delicious! Afterwards, we walked over to the Hershey Theater for the show. I think I enjoyed it as much as Owen did! They are really funny and the kids go nuts over them. Our favorite songs are "Fruit Salad" and "Hot Potato". I can't wait to take Adam in a couple years!

Saturday morning my mom came over to watch the boys so Mike and I could go to Harrisburg to do a practice run for the half marathon. I had it in my head that I had to do 10 miles because that's what was on my schedule and any more I did was just extra. Well, we ended up running all 13.1 miles! It's a nice, flat course and we had great weather with a cool breeze which made it more enjoyable. The first three miles were rough, but after that I felt pretty good until mile 11. Then, I told Mike I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open and they just wanted to keep closing. ha! He told me that's what happens when you "bonk". Your body wants to go to sleep. Sooooo..... I was proud of myself for finishing and not walking, despite partially "bonking". I don't think it was a complete "bonk" or I would have fallen over, right? I "woke up" a little more in the last mile and was able to run as fast as I could across the bridge. I feel much more confident now that I can finish the race on September 12th. I learned a few things from today:
1. I need to cut my toenails even shorter than they already are
2. I need to be consistent in taking my multi-vitamin
3. I need to bring along a granola bar. Mike had a Gu and I tried it and almost threw up. I just can't eat them.
4. I need to do some short, fast runs. I am pretty slow. I finished in 2 hours 5 minutes and I would like to be under 2 hours on the day of the race.
5. I MUST put some special running vaseline on my leg before the race. Last week, after our run, my right leg was chaffed and black and blue from my shorts rubbing up against my leg. I thought it was the shorts (not my chunky thighs), so I wore different shorts today and it happened again, but this time it was worse.
After our run we had the best idea ever.... we stopped at our old gym (New York Fitness) for protein shakes. They were incredible and just what we needed after our run. I think we were both finished with our HUGE shakes by the time we pulled into our driveway. Being at the gym and sipping on the protein shakes brought back memories from our pre-children gym days.
Tonight we went to the alumni game at Cedar Crest High School. It was this same night, same game, 8 years ago that Mike and I started dating. Every year we get a picture of Mike on the field with Owen. Here he is this year with his two boys.
And here he is two years ago with Owen. At first I thought it was last year, but it has to be from two years ago. Owen was happy that his two friends, Aiden and Hannah, were also at the soccer game. They played soccer and ran around the track together.
Both boys are fast asleep at it is only 8pm so I am going to go read. Paige and my mom both recommended the book "The Help" and it is really good. I love to read and hope to have time to read some good books while I am off on maternity leave.
1 comment:
Sarah you did it! You achieved your goal of running a 1/2 marathon. Congratulations! Aunt Judy
Post a Comment