Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August Already?!

I can't believe it is August already! This summer is going by so quickly. I am just sooooo glad to be able to enjoy this time with my boys rather than stressing about going back to school and getting my classroom in order. Hopefully next year at this time I am sort of ready to go back to work, or at least more ready than I am now....

Mike started back to work this week. I am back to having both boys by myself all day, except for the mornings when Owen goes to Linda's house or Papa and Finney's. Owen and I have "school time" every morning for a little while during Adam's morning nap. We were given a ton of work books and two Leap Pads with games and activities from our neighbor so I've been using those, plus getting some ideas from a website I like. I want to make learning fun for him so the minute he shows a lack of interest we stop. We usually work for about 15-20 minutes. There are some other things I'd like to do with him too. He is really interested in bugs so I thought we might start a bug collection. I've never done that and I hate bugs, but I think it would be neat for him. Is it possible to find really cool dead bugs that aren't smooshed?

Here are some pictures that I took recently...

Our neighbor's recently got a dog. Murphy has the cutest face and he LOVES to watch Owen play outside.Owen and Adam took their first bath together the other night. Adam is quickly outgrowing his little bathtub so I thought for his first bath in the big tub we'd let them be together. I have LOTS of memories taking baths with my sister- some good, some not so good! ha!

Last night Mike introduced Owen to archery. I know he was tickled to help Owen shoot the bow.Something else I look forward to each summer is National Night Out. It seems that every year it is unbelievably hot out and I sweat so much I can barely stand it. It is pretty incredible though. Everything is free and they have great food and tons of prizes and things for kids to do. Owen liked the helicopters the best. He was able to watch them land and even sit inside two different helicopters!Tomorrow I am taking the boys, along with my parents, to Baltimore to see my sister and Eric. I can't wait to take Owen to the aquarium. I hope he likes it as much as I do!

No comments: