Happy Half-Birthday (a day late)!! I wish I could freeze time and keep you this age for a while. In a blink of an eye you went from this...
to this...Here's what you are up to at six months:
- You weight 18 pounds 13 ounces and are 26 inches long. You are in the 75th percentile for height and weight.
- You are crawling all over the place and you are into EVERYTHING! You are still crawling "military style", but you are fast and we can't take our eyes off you for even a few minutes. You love to stand and are trying so hard to pull yourself up to a standing position. I watch you try to pull up on your crib bumper. I bet you accomplish that skill soon! Then we're really in trouble! Yesterday you started to climb up the steps. Luckily you only made it to the second step. We may need to purchase some more gates!
- You sit very well unassisted.
- You are down to two naps a day. A morning nap around 9am and an afternoon nap around 1pm.
- I am no longer nursing and I miss it sooooo much. You would do well for a while, but then refuse to nurse for anywhere up to a week. I would have to pump and give you bottles. I think I was much more attached to nursing than you were. If you had liked it I would have gladly nursed you until you turned one year old.
- You smile all the time. You are so social and love when anyone talks to you and gives you attention. We know something is wrong when you are not smiling- it usually means you are tired.
- You do NOT like food. I can get you to eat a little bit of oatmeal, but other than that, you won't eat baby food. You just spit it right out. The only thing you really like is rice rusks. You gobble them right down. I think you want to eat what we are eating because you grab for our food. On Tuesday, at your doctor appointment, Dr. Schaffer told me to give you whatever we are eating and just mash it up. He told us to try Mexican! We'll wait a little bit for that! That day I gave you mashed up peas and you seemed to like them. You love to feed yourself so I think this will work out much better.
- You still get up once a night to eat. Now that you're six months old we are going to work on getting you to sleep through the night. This getting up thing is wearing me out! However, I do like that time together. You are so relaxed and practically asleep while you drink your bottle. You're so calm and snuggly.
- You started to use a sippy cup and are doing pretty well.
- You are growing out of your swing. You hold on to the metal pole to stop the swing. If you could, you'd crawl right out.

- You are getting very interested in your brother's toys and want whatever he has. He does not always like that. I can see where this is going.
- You continue to give lots of kisses. This morning when Mike brought you over to our bed you kept grabbing my face and giving me big kisses. You are so sweet!
I can't believe you are half a year old! It seems like just yesterday I was meeting you for the first time, holding and snuggling you in the hospital.
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment