This picture may not look very meaningful, but in fact, it is full of meaning. This is the front porch of the townhouse Mike and I lived in from the fall of 2003 until August of 2007. It is only about ten minutes away from where we live now and every time I drive past it I get a little sad. We were the first people to move into our townhouse and actually, we were the first people to move in on the entire street. While I can't imagine living there now with two boys and a teeny tiny backyard, not conducive to little boys running around naked, I still miss it at times because it was our first house. Our mortgage wasridiculously low...around $650 a month!! It was a very nice house with a BIG master bedroom and walk in closet with 2.5 baths! I think that's what I miss the most.
Our first house is so special because Mike proposed to me at our dining room table in that house. A time I will never forget. The orange tree sitting between both the rocking chairs was part of his proposal. I had gotten him the tree for our one year dating anniversary. He carved "Will you marry me?" into the trunk of the tree and had it sitting on the dining room table while we ate dinner that February Friday night. The tree was so special and just a few months ago it died. Mike took it outside when it was still too cold out and it shocked it and all the leaves fell off. They never grew back. We still have a picture of it in our living room and Mike saved the branch. We'd like to display it some way, but we haven't figured out how.
The picture was taken the day after we were married (before we left for our honeymoon). The bouquet of flowers hanging on each rocking chair was used in the church where we were married. They hung at the end of the pews and were so pretty.
The house is also very special because we brought Owen home from the hospital to this house on April 4, 2007. Owen only spent four months at that house before we moved, but we have many fond memories of those first four months.
Here's one of my favorite pictures of Mike sitting on the porch holding Owen when he was a wee little baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment