Sunday, September 19, 2010

What a Weekend!

** I was lying in bed last night and I suddenly though I may have spelled "scraped" wrong when I wrote about our weekend, and sure enough, I did. As much as I try to proof read my writing, I know I spell a lot wrong!!

This weekend was a little crazy. Adam is finally starting to feel better after being sick for more than a week. He still has a lot of phlegm, but his cough is improving. Owen started to get a cold Thursday night. He was up a good part of the night sniffling. Stuffy noses are especially frustrating for him since he still sucks his thumb. So Saturday we decided to hang out at home and skip a birthday party we were supposed to go to since both boys had colds and I did not want to pass it on to any of the other kids. I was bummed we could not go.

I mentioned before how relaxed Adam gets when we carry him around in the carrier (especially when Mike carries him). On Friday afternoon I got home from running errands and Mike was unloading wood from my dad's truck and Adam was just hanging out in the carrier with his face buried in Mike's chest. He was not sleeping, but he was very warm and cozy.Saturday night we went out to eat to TJ Rockwells with Mike's mom for his birthday. I LOVE to eat there and it is an extra special treat when we do since we only go a few times a year.

This morning we went out to breakfast with Finny and Papa for Mike's birthday (which is tomorrow). We went to a place we have never been to before. The food was really good, but we had to wait a looooong time to get it. The boys were pretty good considering it took so long and Adam was extremely tired and ready for his morning nap.

We got home in time for Owen to go to Sunday School. Mike stayed here with Adam while he slept and I took Owen to his very first Sunday school class. He was a little hesitant for me to leave him there, but after a few minutes he was fine. When I picked him up after church he had a big smile and told me he had fun and met some new friends. He did so much better than I expected and I think it is going to be really good for him to be around new kids/faces. I loved going to Sunday school when I was little. Hopefully he will love it too!

After Sunday school things sort of went down hill. Owen was running on the sidewalk and fell and scraped his knee. It was not bad at all, but he was very dramatic about it and wined and cried for about an hour. Then, Mike was pushing him on the swing and walked away and Owen asked to be pushed higher so I gave him a push. At the same time my dad had just arrived and was walking toward the swing set. All of a sudden, Owen flew off the swing, flipped, and landed on his head/neck. I'm not sure why he let go, or if he just forgot to hang on, but I was so scared. He was going pretty high when it happened. He bit his tongue so his mouth was all bloody. He did not break anything, but he was really upset. However, not as upset as the scraped knee he got earlier. We cleaned him up and snuggled him and let him watch Sprout in our bed and take a nap in there too. He is complaining that his chest/sternum is bothering him. I'm a little worried about that, but he can move his arms and twist his body. I think it is just a pulled muscle, but I am going to keep an eye on it. I might make him wear a helmet when he swings from now on! ha! A little while later he got hit in the nose with a wiffle ball while he was playing baseball with Mike. So it's been quite the night. I am ready for Monday!

No comments: