Friday, September 3, 2010

The Rambler

A few nights ago Owen and I went on a night walk. He wanted to use his Wiggles flashlight and I got out a glow stick and off we went. It was fun despite all the bug bites I got just walking around the neighborhood. This is what Owen wore for our walk...This is not the first time he has exercised his footwear fashion freedom (oooo....alliteration:). A few weeks ago I asked him to put on his shoes to go to the grocery store and he did the same thing. I can sort of relate because when I was little it was "in" to have different colored high-top Converse sneakers and wear a different color on each foot. I think I had pink and yellow and I remember doing the same thing. So I did not make him change. I asked him if he would be comfortable that way and he said he would so I let it at that. Mike could not believe I let him out of the house with two different shoes on. He said he would have made him change. I guess that was just a battle I did not want to pick. So, yes, he wore two different shoes for our night walk, but no one could even tell since it was dark.

Most mornings he does a good job picking out outfits and making sure they match. He usually picks clothes that I would pick for him to wear. Nothing too crazy. But yesterday he chose to wear this outfit...
As I mentioned in a previous post, Owen is really chatty lately. The day we went to get his Buzz costume we took a trip to the potty before going to the playground. I had Adam in the stroller so all three of us went into the handicap bathroom. Owen went first, then I went. Here's a conversation we had while in the potty.
O: "Mommy, you have a BIIIIIIIG butt!"
Me: "First of all we do not say "butt" we say hieny or bottom. Second of all, that is not nice to say to someone."
O: "What? I'm just saying you have a big butt."

When we came out of the bathroom the ladies waiting in line were chuckling.

Recently he was interested in knowing how Adam came out of my belly. At first I said a doctor helped to get him out, but that was not enough information for him and he asked me again a couple days later. He's been really inquisitive. I did not know exactly what to say so I gave him the abridged version and that seemed to be enough for him. He quickly moved onto the next thing on his mind.

Friday morning I took the boys into see Ollie. Papa Doc was there and we had a very nice visit. Ollie was dozing off, but the minute we came she opened her eyes and would not stop smiling at Adam and Owen. Adam was all smiles for her too. She kept laughing and saying how cute they are and saying "Look at his eyes!" I told her they have her eyes. I think it made Papa Doc's day to see her laugh and smile like that. He was all teary and just kept telling me how nice it was for us to visit. We are going to try to go every Friday morning or every other depending on Adam's morning nap. Ollie has always loved babies.Yesterday Mike came home from work for lunch and the boys swarmed all over him. They just love him to pieces. I told him that's what he gets for coming home in the middle of the day. They miss him!Yesterday afternoon we had a cute visitor. It was a grey pit bull. She came into our yard and would not leave. She kept following Mike everywhere he went. She had all her tags on so we knew she belonged to someone and just ran away. I brought her a doggy treat and asked her to "sit" and she listened right away. When we'd tell her to "come" she would. She was a very good dog. Just as we were making "Dog Found" signs, her owner came by. She was adopted just two weeks ago and I guess she just wanted to check out the neighborhood.

Last night we had some people over for a camp fire. Owen had his first Smore and he loved it. He also ate about 10 giant marshmallows!
Paige, Ella, and Samantha made a trip home this weekend. They stopped over this morning to play.

It's a beautiful, windy day. Just right for flying a kite.

No comments: