Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wooooooo Hooooooooo!!!!!

Owen wore underwear all day today and did not have one accident!!! He begged for me to let him wear underwear during his nap so I did, but then he started crying saying his heiny hurt for some reason so I put a diaper on him. However he woke up with a dry diaper after napping for 3 hours. I guess our potty training boot camp worked. A few friends suggested setting a timer and having him go every 10 minutes and rewarding him if he was dry every time it was time to potty. That's exactly what we did. He could choose a mini marshmallow or a pez. We are still setting the timer, but we've extended it to every 20-30 minutes. I have his little potty out so that if I am feeding Adam or can't be there to lift him on the potty he can go himself. He looks so stinkin cute in his underwear.

Not potty related.... Adam had his 4 month check up today. He did not cry on the way to or from Hershey for his appointment! Pretty impressive. He is a whopping 16 lbs 2 oz. He is in the 75th-90th percentile for height and weight. He really wants nothing to do with cereal so I can't imagine how big he will be once he starts solids on a regular basis! I guess I don't need to worry much about him not getting enough milk when he nurses. The resident doctor that checked him out noticed the folds on the back of his thighs were not symmetrical, but when Dr. Schaffer checked it out he said he thought he was fine. I guess we'll just keep an eye out for that. Now if we can just get Adam to sleep through the night and stop rolling over throughout the night, waking up, and crying, life will be good!

No comments: