Sunday, June 6, 2010

Our Weekend (so far)

The weekend started out rough. Mike left for Pope's wedding Thursday night. The wedding was Friday at 1pm and I had originally planned to go along. We were going to bring Mike's mom along to stay with Adam in the hotel room, but the reception was not at the hotel and it would have been very hectic. I wish I could have gone and we both agreed that we will never go to another wedding alone again!

Thank goodness Friday was a Linda's day. I dropped Owen off and Adam came back and slept for over 3 hours. I guess he needed it after being up a few times the night before. Luckily I was able to sleep for a little too. After that we went to the Hershey Outlets and I exchanged the baptism outfit my mom got him for a different one. The first one was very cute, but too big and they did not have a smaller size so I ended up getting a different one that I think will be even cuter on him! It shows off his two best features, his eyes and his chunky thighs :) I just hope he does not spit up all over it or have a blow out before the baptism begins.

Friday night went pretty smoothly and both kids were in bed by 8. I could not wait to get a good night sleep. However, between the thunderstorm, Owen coughing, the garbage truck, and Adam waking twice, that did not happen.

Adam had been getting up only once for a long time (around 3am), but has recently decided he needs to be up twice. He is now waking up around 1ish. Luckily, I can usually just put his pacifier back in and he falls back to sleep without being fed. Even though I am not feeding him at that time, I am still having to get up out of bed. He falls back to sleep until between 4 or 5 and I finally break down and feed him. Needless to say, I am exhausted. I told Mike I was going to go stay at the Hampton Inn for a night to recharge. I was only half-joking.

Saturday morning was rough. I was so tired. I was glad when Owen asked to watch his Gordon movie because it plays over and over again, but he turned it off early and was looking for me to entertain him. I tried my best to be pleasant. This sounds horrible, but I never gave Owen his Easter basket. His birthday was Easter weekend and between all the gifts he got for his birthday and the Easter baskets he got from his grandparents, and our trip to the beach, I figured he had enough "gifts" for a while. I planned on giving it to him the following weekend, but never did. Well, I broke out the Easter basket and hid 24 eggs in our downstairs. He had so much fun hunting for the eggs. That lasted about 10 minutes. Then, I got out the sponge paintbrushes from his Easter basket and let him paint with "real" paint. That lasted about 10 minutes too. We made a fort. That lasted about 5 minutes. I could not WAIT for Mike to get home. My boy desperately needed some outside, active, daddy time.

Mike got home and even though we were both running on fumes we took the boys to the pool. This was Adam's first time and he slept almost the entire time. I think he likes the pool! It was very nice and not too bad since I had Mike along, however I am nervous about taking them both to the pool this week by myself.

When we got home from the pool Mike said he'd pay me if I let him take a nap. I agreed and right away made an appointment for a manicure and pedicure for later in the week. Once all the guys were up from their naps we headed over to the Menicheschi's house for a little cook out. It was so nice. Owen had a few breakdowns while we were there. I don't know what is going on with him. He never used to cry much at all and now has at least 2 or 3 breakdowns a day and a record number of time outs. He's an emotional roller coaster. I think it is part of growing up and being 3.

Last night I was determined to get a good night sleep and I did. I am not sure how many times Mike got up with Adam. I fed him around 4:30am and have been up ever since. I tried to go back to sleep, but after 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep, I'm feeling rested and I think I will go for a run. :)

No comments: