Thursday, June 17, 2010

Boys and Their Toys





A few days ago Mike went to Kleinfelters auction to look for an old map of Lebanon. While he was looking around he stumbled upon a box filled with G.I. Joes. He had a bunch of them as a kid, but unfortunately he got rid of them years ago and he is really regretting it now that he has two boys. He did get a couple off Ebay, but they run anywhere from $25-75. Ridiculous if you ask me. So when he stumbled upon a box filled with roughly 25 of his FAVORITE G.I. Joes he was overwhelmed with joy and called me right away. The auction would be in a couple days and he planned on taking a late lunch so he could go bid on the G.I. Joes. Well, he won the bid and got the entire box plus all these other vehicles and aircraft carriers for $35. He brought them home, went through the box, cleaned and organized them and is planning on getting them out for the boys to play with when they get a little older. I tried to be happy for him because he was thrilled, but I just don't get the G.I Joe thing. I guess I'll learn to play someday!

*Owen had just woken up from his nap. That's why he is shortless.

No comments: