Monday, August 8, 2011

Nesting

Since school will begin in less than 2 weeks, I have gone into super organization mode.  I've been cleaning things out and getting rid of stuff we don't need or use anymore.  I feel like I'm nesting in a way.

A while back I made a "Morning Routine" checklist for Owen and we've started using it consistently.  Hopefully this helps things to run a bit more smoothly each morning.  It's nice that he is at an age where he can be so independent.  Gotta love the morning pictures.  Poor guy.  I would be so upset if someone took pictures of me as soon as I woke up.
I also gathered 7 different recipes and figured out what I will need for each one.  Once I finish making them, we should have 18 separate meals in our basement freezer.  I will be making chicken enchiladas, chicken potato casserole, baked ziti, chicken broccoli casserole, shepherds pie, chili, and chicken noodle soup.  I am hoping this will help our afternoons and evenings be a little less busy and we'll have more time to play with the boys.  It was quite the task gathering the recipes, combining them, and making a grocery list.  I did it on a Word document so if anyone would like the recipe links and grocery list let me know so you don't have to do all that work again!

And just because it's funny, I had to add this picture...
Sticker courtesy of daddy.

3 comments:

sdoerrman said...

Hi there. I have been researching the idea of freezing meals also! Any info you have to help me get organized would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
sdoerrman@yahoo.com

Sarah said...

Hi Sue! I will be sure to send you the info :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Sarah!! That is a FABULOUS idea. I would love for you to help me get our meals more organized!! Our home email is bryansmith831@hotmail.com
Let's get together soon...it has been WAY too long!!

-Amanda