Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Adam is 18 Months Old!


Dear Adam,

Last week you turned 18 months old.  I like that I can still say your age in months, but that won't last much longer.

Here's what you're up to at a year and a half...

-  You weigh 26 lbs. and are 33 inches tall.  You're in the 65th percentile for weight and the 75th for height.  You're definitely not scrawny :)
-  You have a hearty appetite and will out eat Owen most nights during dinner.
-  You like to sing and dance to the Wiggles and a few other songs.
-  You say so many words and are starting to string words together to make simple sentences.  It seems like you are saying a new word every day.  This morning when you were drinking milk during breakfast you said, "cold" over and over again.
-  You love to brush your teeth!
-  You're still a mama's boys and cry whenever I leave, but it usually only lasts a few seconds.
-  You enjoy playing in the yard and helping daddy and going for rides in the John Deere with Owen
-  You like to climb on everything.  You are able to go up and down steps by yourself, although it still makes me very nervous.
-  You can run and when you are outside you like to run all over the place.
-  You fit the role of the "baby" very well.  You like to be snuggled, rocked, and you still take a bottle before bed and are super attached to your pacifier.  Lots of "bad" habits, but I keep telling myself it's OK.  I doubt you'll still be drinking from a bottle when you start kindergarten.
-  You are a funny guy.  You make us laugh all the time!  Mike and I think Owen's personality is more like mine and your personality is more like daddy's.  Uh oh. 
-  You have started to show interest in trains which makes me very happy since we have so many and Owen is pretty much over them.
 
-  You are quite the little helper.  You especially enjoy helping unload the dishwasher.
-  You can throw a mean temper tantrum and have been know to hit from time to time.
Hitting your brother because he's annoying you.
-  You really do love your big brother and want to be just like him.  It's funny to watch you mimic him.
-  You are very strong willed and will fuss and fuss to try to get what you want.  I hope all this determination takes you far when you get older!

It's been a very happy 18 months and we love watching you grow!


Love,
Mommy

No comments: