Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'm Baaaaaaack

I haven't blogged since Wednesday which is very unusual for me.  ha!  I usually have something "important" to write about at least every other day (if not every day).  Friday we went to the pool with Paige, Ella, and Samantha.  Mike stayed back with Adam which made it very nice for me.  I love playing with Adam in the pool, but he usually only wants me and won't go to anyone else so I can't really focus on Owen at all.  Friday I was able to pay more attention to Owen and his swimming.  He and Ella had a blast going off the dive and sliding board.  Friday night, after dinner, we took the boys to the South Lebanon playground.  Owen starts soccer in a few weeks and we wanted to show him the fields (which are right next to the gigantic playground).  We'll probably go back again before soccer begins so he can run around on the field and play a little soccer with Mike.  He does much better when he is familiar with things.  He's super excited to start soccer this fall.  Adam will be starting swimming lessons and I will be going back to work full time.  Our life is about to speed up big time!

I can't really remember what we did Saturday morning, but that afternoon, we picked Ella up to take her to a picnic with us and then to sleepover!  Owen was beyond pumped for his first real sleepover at our house and Ella could not have been sweeter.  The kids loved the party.  Adam ate and ate and ate all. night. long.  After a cupcake and huge ice cream cone, I cut Ella off from all sugary things.  And Owen.... well he was a little too traumatized to eat much so he just sat with Lala most of the night.  He accidently fell in the muddy pond and was in up to his neck before Maddie pulled him out.  It was so gross because he was covered in mud, muck, and leaves.  Luckily I grabbed a change of clothes before we left the house, but between that and no nap, he was pretty mellow.

One we were home and I gave the kids baths, he perked up and he and Ella played for a while.  I put them to bed at 8:30pm.  Ella slept on the bottom bunk and Owen on the top.  They talked and talked and talked until at least 10pm.  I loved standing outside Owen's room listening to their conversations.  I heard Owen say, "Ella, if you want, I can come down there and lay with you."  I think he thought she might be scared.

Today we went to church and once again Adam fell asleep on the kind lady in the nursery.  It seems every week we drop him off, he cries, and they rock him and he falls right to sleep.  He loves to be rocked.  Afterwards we went out to lunch with Papa and Finney, came home, and all took looooong afternoon naps.  And now that Mike is up, I am going to see if he'll play Abalone with me.  I found the game at my parent's house last week.  I used to play it all the time as a kid and I love it.  I probably won't like it as much once he gets the hang of it and beats me, but for now, I am winning most games :)


I didn't take many picture this weekend.  This is all I have...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



No comments: