Thursday, August 11, 2011

All in a days work

Tuesday I celebrated my 31st birthday.  My life is going too fast.  I can't believe I have been around for 31 years.  Geez ums!  Mike and I went out to dinner to our favorite place and planned to go to a movie afterwards, but it only started at 10pm and as much as I try/want to be... I am NOT a night owl.  So, we stopped by Sheetz which has this new cool movie kiosk thing and got two movies for $1 a piece!!  Good deal.  We saw Hall Pass and I thought it was VERY funny.
 
I spent all day today making the make ahead meals I talked about in my last post.
I bought all the things I would need on Tuesday and since the boys were at Finney and Papa's house today, I figured it would be a good day to get it done.  It went pretty well.
I have an entire freezer chest full of yummy frozen food and all I will have to do is pop it in the oven when I get home from work or put it in the crockpot before I leave for work and presto...we have dinner.
I don't know what I'd do without my Pampered Chef chopper.  I love that thing!
It was a lot of work and I still have two more meals to make, but I didn't burn the house down or cut my finger off so I'd say it was a success.
Don't be jealous of our mauve countertops.  They came with the house :)  The entire house was carpeted in mauve carpeting too.  I really think that was the previous owner's favorite color.
Tonight I met my two girlfriends at Olive Garden for dinner.  We talked and talked and talked until there was barely anyone in the dining area.  I'm sure the people sitting near us get an ear full!  We decided that we are going to each make two meals and then during our playdate in a couple weeks, we are going to swap dishes.  So I will have even more of a variety of dinners :)  Thankfully, my meals are already made.

Oh, and while I was gone, my boys did "Guy Stuff"...


A certain little someone will be celebrating his half birthday tomorrow and I will be taking a very cute little boy on our annual Dutch Wonderland date :)  Can't wait!

3 comments:

MB said...

OMG...that video made me laugh! Only boys would think to set up a ramp to jump with a big wheel! Too funny!!!

Anonymous said...

I re-watch the video & laugh out loud every time! Sure looks fun! Aunt Judy

Anonymous said...

I cant wait for my dutch wonderland date!