Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Classroom Tour

Here's a tour of my classroom.  Although I've been teaching about 8 years, I feel like a first year teacher.  I have been off on maternity leave for 18 months and I am at a new school in a new grade.
I love the new building.  It is so close to home (6 minutes to be exact).
 
I have a door (that locks), walls, and a beautiful view.
I came from a  building that was built during the "Open School" era. We didn't have doors or real walls so this is a treat.
A chair Aunt Judy made me my first year teaching.  I love it and still use it all the time!
I'm doing caddies this year instead of individual pencil boxes.  I've never done caddies before.  I hope I don't regret it.
My shelves are bare.  I had to leave most of my manipulatives at my old school since they were purchased for that building.  I had a pretty big classroom library built up, however after being off for so long it is dwindling.  Plus, a lot of my books were chapter books for third thru fifth graders which won't work for most of my 2nd graders.  Luckily I had 2300 bonus points from Scholastic to get a few books.
My bulletin boards are bare for now, but will be my focus walls for math and reading.  I don't have too much "fluff" since I have little wall space (which is fine with me!).  What space I do have will be covered in vocabulary and student work.
All the shelving and cabinet space made organizing lots of fun :)  The hooks and cubbies are for coats and backpacks. 
Small group table
This week we have inservice.  Thursday is our Open House where I'll get to meet some of my little second graders.  Then, next Monday our school year officially begins with kids.
 









That's the end of the tour:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your classroom looks beautiful & so well organized (and it even has a sink!) Surely your 2nd graders will be happy to have Mrs. Reager for their teacher. Aunt Judy

Busy Bees said...

Your room looks awesome. Your boys are so cute. Enjoy the school year!!
BusyBees

MB said...

your classroom looks awesome! i remember helping set up your classroom the first year! i always used caddies with my first graders, so it will work with 2nd graders...just make sure you teach them how to pass it! good luck on your 1st day!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your room is gorgeous and I love that floor!