Friday, January 14, 2011

Fun Frosty Friday

Aunt Beth and Eric came up from Baltimore for a visit today!  Owen was soooo excited to see them.  Before they got here he told me, "I just wuv Aunt Bef and Eric!".  I've learned not to tell him too far in advance that they are coming to visit because the time seems to drag on forever while he waits for them to arrive.  Owen and I are both excited when they come to visit.  I have some time to clean up and get things done around here while they spend the entire time playing and doing whatever he wants them to for hours along with keeping an eye on Adam.  I think they must leave here completely exhausted sometimes.

This morning I tried to keep him occupied until they got here.  I got an idea from a blogger who is really good at coming up with things to keep kids entertained and busy.  I brought in some snow from outside and let Owen play with it.
He had fun pretending to plow with his trucks.  Then we built our own snowman inside.  The snow has been too dry and fluffy to build a real snowman outside, but once we brought the snow inside and it started to melt a little bit, it was perfect for snowman building!
 
We used a baby frozen carrot for his nose, frozen peas for his eyes and buttons, a Hershey kiss for his hat, pretzels for his arms, and a gummy worm for his scarf.  Owen was a little disappointed that he couldn't talk like Frosty.  He also got a mini-lesson on the properties of matter as we watched our Frosty friend slowly melt away until he was just a puddle of water.
Going...
Going...
Gone.
Owen loves to play hide-n-seek.  It's taken him about 2 years to fully understand how it's played and even now he has a hard time staying quiet while he is hiding.  He always ends up giggling and giving his spot away.  In the past, when we would start to look for him he would immediately jump out from his hiding spot and yell "Here I am!"  Or he would hide under a chair or table with his legs completely sticking out.  He had a pretty good spot today... can you find him?

The word on the blog street is that it is national de-lurking week.  So if you read our blog and you aren't a follower and/or you don't usually leave a comment, leave one!  I'm pretty sure there are only about 15 people that read this, but I'd love to hear from you if you don't usually comment.  I read a LOT of blogs, but I rarely, if ever, comment, but I've decided to start commenting on some of the blogs I read.  It is a lot of fun hearing from friends and making new "blog" friends too!

Oh, one more thing... check out Adam's mullet tonight after his bath...it's curly!  Times like this make me glad we did not cut it off :)

Have a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah...it is Uncle Boo.

If I "de-lurk" about the blog does that change anything about simply looking out the window down Pine Street?

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I always enjoy your entertaining & often amusing blog with great photos of your adorable boys. In fact, Boo & I are LOL about the photo of Adam sitting & looking at the basket. Aunt Judy

Unknown said...

I'm here too!! That snowman is pretty awesome!

Kristin said...

Anna plays hide-and-seek just like Owen. I'm glad for that because one of her friends hides really well and doesn't tell her mom she is playing. Her mom almost called the cops one time because she could not find her and didn't know she was playing hide-and-seek.