There were two little boys around Adam's age there too (Cal and Matthew).
For someone who does not like loud noises, he sure does know how to make them himself! At one point he was so excited to be playing with Matty that he screamed and upset him. Then, he did the same thing with Cal. I told him he has to stop or he will scare all his friends away!
![]() |
| Adam tried out all the colors, but I think yellow tasted the best :) Thankfully they sanitize the ball pit every night! |
-------------------------
Last night Lala and I took Adam for his very first pair of big boy shoes. They had him stand inside a train that had a scanner which took a picture of his feet to measure them.
He is around a size 5-6 and has chubby feet. It was pretty easy to pick a pair since there was really only one or two that worked for him. They were in the process of getting their spring shoes out so they were out of a lot of sizes. That was fine since I'm sure we will be back again in a few months anyway.
He LOVED the attention from the two ladies that were helping us. He pulled out all his tricks for them. We were trying not to laugh at him when he first tried to walk in his new shoes. He kept lifting his feet up really high. He's never had "real" shoes on before so they probably felt funny to him.
-------------------------
While Adam and I were shoe shopping Owen and Mike did a little project together. Earlier in the week I had to get something to the post office to mail so I bundled both boys up and put Adam in the backpack. I knew that Owen would complain about the walk unless I made it somewhat fun. So we decided to collect pinecones along the way. I told him that once we got home we would tie a string around each pinecone, cover them in peanut butter, then roll them in birdseed for the birds to eat.
Owen loved the idea and had a great time on our walk. We have a few bird feeders in our backyard and Mike LOVES to watch the different birds that come to eat. I joke with him about how he will be a little old man sitting by the window all day watching birds. He is always calling Owen and I over to the window to point out certain birds. It's funny.
Well Mike put his own twist on the project. They put all the seedy pinecones in one wire feeder and hung it in our upstairs window. I don't think any birds will fly up that high to eat, but we will see. I think we'll end up moving it. Mike is afraid the squirrels will get at it before the birds have a chance.
-------------------------
Today I met three of my friends for lunch at Olive Garden. It was so much fun and I brought my camera along to take a picture of all of us, but we were too busy talking that I completely forgot. We sat and talked from 1:30 till 4:15pm. Our poor waitress might have been a little annoyed with us since she probably could have had two other sittings in the time we were there.
-------------------------
This afternoon, Owen tried cross country skiing for the first time. This was his first time on skis. It didn't go as smoothly as he had hoped and it was so cold that he did not last that long. He was a little frustrated too, however before bed Mike asked him what his favorite part of the day was and he said skiing. We were a little shocked especially since Mike had spent a lot of time while I was away making forts for the boys. We thought that would have been his favorite part of the day, but we were wrong!
------------------------
Lastly, Mike has been bugging me to do another race with him. He really wanted to do a night trail race, but I do not like trail running. I feel like I have to look down all the time so I don't trip and it makes me dizzy. So we decided to do a 10K, but then found out about the Warrior Dash. It looks like a lot of fun and we're hoping to do with with a few other friends which will make it even more fun! The race is this June and we're already signed up so I better get training! I did 25 "girly" push-ups tonight and, I'm not gonna lie, it was rough.
Good night :)





3 comments:
I checked out the warrior dash website...good luck girl...that looks crazy...I would have opted for the trail run!!
MB... it will be just like the Theta/KD wedding in college. I'm already having flashbacks!
OMG...i totally forgot about that! And with that in mind, you will do awesome!!
Post a Comment