I finally ordered another carseat for Owen. We had been managing with only 2, but it was time for another one so that we are not constantly having to take them in and out. Anyway, the box that the carseat came in has provided both my boys with LOTS of entertainment.
 |
| I love Adam's sweet smile in this picture. |
 |
| Owen decorated the box with markers. |
 |
| Both boys are inside the box "hiding" from me. |
 |
| Sometimes it's hard being the little brother. |
Yesterday we had a playdate with a friend of mine and her two kids who are close in age to Owen and Adam. She took a lot more pictures so I will post more when I get them from her. The kids had a great time playing together and I enjoyed having another adult here to talk to. They stayed all morning and had lunch with us before heading home. It really helped to make the day go by quickly!
 |
| More playing in the box fort. |
 |
| Adam and his friend "J". They are only two months apart. |
I can't wait for our next playdate!
Our little town is well known for its bologna (aka- baloney) and when I was growing up we would go to the Bologna Festival every summer. They stopped doing it for some reason, but decided to start it back up again this year! However, instead of doing it over the summer when there are many other festivals going on, they did it in the winter when people are stuck indoors and need something fun and different to do. So last night we headed over the the Bologna Fest. We had a lot of fun. There were activities for kids and yummy food, including bologna hot dogs, bologna fries, and bologna sandwiches. Adam had fun testing out his new shoes. He walked, and walked, and walked. Then, he would stop at some random person and stare up at them, smile, and wait for them to smile back and talk to him. He is such a friendly, sociable guy and quite the ham!
 |
| Owen attempting to make a basket. |
 |
| Spin Art! |
Owen really wanted a cookie, but all they had were deep fried, sugar coated, Oreos which Lala kindly got for him. I didn't think he would like them, but I was very wrong. He LOVED them and we had to cut him off after two.
 |
| "Step away from the Oreo" |
I told Lala she was welcome to take him back to her house for a sleepover after all that sugar. :) Thankfully, he was exhausted by the time we got home and fell right to sleep. He has not taken an afternoon nap all week so by 7pm he is wiped out!
There were a lot of other games and activities Owen would have liked to try, but Adam was getting fussy so we had to get home and put him to bed. I told him maybe we would go back again tonight, just he and I.
Today might be the one day Owen takes an afternoon nap. He played outside in the snow for about 3 hours this morning. He and Mike made a ramp off of our deck and were sledding all morning.
 |
| Poor Owen. His boots are a little snug and now his snowpants look like floods. It's time for a bigger size :) |
 |
| This picture is hard to see, but Owen is sledding down on Mike's back. |
 |
| "Not a smart idea," I said to my third child. |
This afternoon we are going over to Paige's house for some big hill sledding :)
No comments:
Post a Comment