Yesterday, before we went to the pumpkin patch, we drove up to the Hershey stadium to pick up Mike's half-marathon pack. Every runner was given family passes to Hershey Park for that evening from 6:30-9pm. Paige was home for the weekend and Mike offered to watch the boys so Paige and I could go to Hershey Park. Alone. Without kids. I have been dying to ride the rollercoasters and haven't been there in many years.
We had Ella over to play while Paige was at a baby shower Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately this was the only picture I took.

Poor Ella has a pink cast on her right arm. Later, I picked Paige up and we drove to Hershey Park. We looked like idiots running all through the park, but we didn't care. We were determined to ride all the rollercosters we could. It was amazing! There were a few times I thought I might die, especially on the Fahrenheit. Obviously I was not able to take my camera along. I wish there was a way to see the pictures of us that were taken on each rollercoaster. I bet they'd be funny! We had a great time and it was nice to get out for a little while. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a pain reliever or muscle relaxer when we left the park! Although, surprisingly, I am not that sore today.
This morning, we got up bright and early to go watch Mike run in the Hershey Half Marathon. It was a little chilly and windy, but lots of sunshine. Mike did great, despite the fact that he said he "has never been so unprepared for anything in his life". He only ran about 5 times since our Harrisburg Half Marathon last month. He finished the race in 1 hour 37 minutes (110th out of 2000 runners!). That's about a 7 and a half minute mile. Pretty good for feeling so unprepared! Luckily, Nana Way was able to go along to help me with the boys.

1 comment:
Congratulations, Mike!
Love, Abuela
Post a Comment