Friday, October 8, 2010

What We've Been Up To

I haven't blogged in a few days, not because we've been terribly busy, but because I did not have too much to talk about (for once). Another reason is sleep. For the past week I have been sleeping a lot during the day. I've been napping whenever Adam naps to try to catch up on some sleep. I've been sleep training Adam this week and while he's made so much progress, there were a couple nights where I did not get much sleep. I wrote all about it, but I don't know if I will post it or not. So instead of blogging or going on my computer during his nap time, I've been sleeping!

Since Owen is only really home with me all day on Monday and Friday I look forward to those days with him. As nice as it is to have a break and only have Adam at home with me a few days, I miss Owen when he is at Linda's all day or with Papa. I had planned to take the boys to the Manheim Farm Show on Friday, but with my lack of sleep and not wanting to mess with Adam's daytime sleep schedule, we hung out at home. Owen enjoyed sorting things and looking at things with his magnifying glass. We did a little "school" time too. He practiced writing numbers and finding certain shapes.

Nana Way came and stayed with the boys last night so Mike and I could go on a date! We went to Trattoria Fratelli, one of my favorite places to eat. It was so nice and relaxing. We had a great time! We put Adam to bed before we left so Owen had Nana Way all to himself. They baked chocolate chip cookies...Owen's favorite :)

This morning we all headed over to Levi's Run. Levi and Owen are daycare buddies and Levi has muscular dystrophy. This is the second year they had a 5K race to raise money for Levi. They also have a one mile fun run for the kids which is what Owen and Mike did. We did not do the 5K this year since Mike just ran the Hershey Half last weekend and me, well, I have not run since my half marathon last month! I really want to, I just have not had the time. Hopefully now that Adam is sleeping through the night I will be able to wake up early and go for a morning run. That's my favorite time to run. Owen did GREAT! He ran the entire mile. I was very proud of him and as he ran toward the finish line I was cheering for him and I must have either scared him or embarrassed him because he started crying and completely stopped running right before the finish line. After a little pep talk from daddy, he got back out there and ran through the finish line.

Here's Levi with his grandpa, mom, and brother crossing the finish line after the 5K.
Adam is getting so many teeth and I don't think they are coming in in the "correct" order. Mike calls him our little Jack-O-Lantern. He also says he looks like a hockey player. Poor guy. I tried to take a picture.

No comments: