Monday, October 11, 2010

Look Out Martha Stewart

That's a joke. However, I do have a crafty new obsession and I am usually not a very crafty person. I love scrapbooking because I love picking out the background paper, but other than that, I am not very good at it. I absolutely love fabric and all the different colors and patterns, however I can't even sew a button. True story. In fact, whenever Mike needs a button sewn on his pants he has my mom do it.

I decided to try to make monogrammed T-shirts. I got the idea from my cousin, Kate, who made some cute things for our boys, and from another blogger who makes adorable shirts for her five kids. I first tried it with some Thomas the Train fabric I had at home and it turned out pretty well. I made an "O" shirt for Owen and an "A" shirt for Adam. While I was looking for fabric at the store I found some really cute, girly fabric, so I made an "S" shirt for Samantha and an "E" shirt for Ella. Then, I started to get a little carried away and made two more Halloween shirts for the boys. Now I just need to borrow my mom's sewing machine to stitch the borders and they are finished! Here they are so far (without the stitching). I think Owen's short sleeved shirts will be cute over a long sleeved shirt. I can't wait to make some for Christmas!

No comments: