Saturday, October 30, 2010

Friends and Family

We've had a weekend full of friends and family (and it's not even over yet). On Friday morning I took the boys over to Linda's house so Owen could go on the hayride with his friends from daycare. It was so nice seeing all the kids dressed up. I was glad I got to ride along this year.Owen's buddy, Tom, pulling the hayride with his four wheeler.
The hayride may have been a bad idea though... Friday, after naps I took the boys to the grocery store. Owen has had a cough for a couple weeks. Actually, both boys have, however Adam's cough is productive, Owen's is not. I assumed Owen's cough was just lingering from a cold he had, but it seemed to get worse when he was active or when we would go outside in the cool, windy air. Sometimes he would get so worked up from playing tackle with daddy and his cough would get so bad that I would have to make him sit down and relax for a bit so it would go away, and it always did. I planned to watch him and if it got worse, I was going to call the doctor. Well, he had a horrible coughing fit the minute we got into the grocery store. He was unable to clear his chest and the cough would not go away. His face was paler than usual too. I started to get scared. It got so bad that I called Dr. Schaffer from the grocery store. The nurse could hear him in the background and told me to buy Benadryl and give it to him right away. She said it was probably allergies (very likely from the hay) or asthma and I was to bring him up to the doctor right away. She thought he may need a breathing treatment. By the time we got to the doctor his coughing had pretty much stopped and the Benadryl kicked in. Dr. S listened to his chest and since he was not wheezing, they did not do a breathing treatment. He told me to buy allergy medicine and give it to him every night. Last night was the first night for the medicine and I did not really notice a difference today. I am hoping it is not asthma, but I am not 100% sure it's not.

This morning we got up bright and early and headed to Philadelphia for my Aunt's surprise 60th birthday party. My cousin, Kate, planned the party and we had such a nice time! It was at a cute, little restaurant called Marigold. Kate should really be a party planner with all her organized planning, attention to detail, craftiness, and hospitality. She had pretty fall flowers and candles as centerpieces, little menus at each place setting with my Aunt's picture on the back, and she sewed bibs and bags for the boys with crayons and coloring pages, and little bags for the ladies too. Adam wore his bib the entire time which says something because he usually rips his bibs off within 30 seconds. Not to mention, Kate's photography skills are supurb too. Now she just has to send me some of the pictures she took at the party so I can put them on this blog. Here are a few of the pictures I took with my camera.
Coloring with Uncle Jesse who flew up from Florida to surprise his mom :)The birthday girl blowing out her candles.Afterwards, we headed back to Kate and Beau's house. It was built in 1910 and they have done a wonderful job remodeling it. I took a picture of their cabinets because one day, when we remodel our kitchen, I would like similar cabinets that go to the ceiling.
Tonight we had the Blouch's over for dinner. Owen loved playing with Cameron. She's such a cutie. This past summer we all went to dinner at the Blue Bird and had awful service. They pretty much forgot about us, we waited for over 2 hours, and did not bring us any food (and we had three very hungry kids along). So the owner drove to Chris's house and gave him two $25 gift certificates! Well we finally used them, but instead of going out to eat, we got take out. I think that was a VERY good idea because I had two VERY active and rambunctious boys. I have never heard Adam laugh so hard at his brother as I did tonight. Owen kept doing things that would make Adam laugh and he was cracking up! It was so cute to see them enjoying each other so much :) However, they were also very hyper and I told Mike that if we made it through the night without either one of them getting seriously hurt, I would be surprised. After watching Owen and Mike wrestle and "play tackle" ALL. THE. TIME., Adam now tries to play rough with Owen and tackle him. Surprisingly, both boys are asleep, without any broken teeth or bones, or cuts. A pretty successful night if you ask me!

And now, I am off to bed myself. Good night.

No comments: