Monday, October 25, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

We had a very nice weekend. The weather was unseasonably warm so we spent a lot of time outdoors. On Sunday, after church and Sunday school, we carved pumpkins! Owen has gotten a lot better about allowing himself to "get down and dirty", however he still will not put his hands in a pumpkin to scoop out the "guts". He insisted on using a spoon instead. I looked at my post on carving pumpkins from last year and thank goodness it was not traumatic for him this year like it was last year. In fact, he seemed to really enjoy it!Yes, that's a Dewalt power drill in the background. That's one of Mike's pumpkin carving tools.
Here's all of our pumpkins after we finished carving them.

Sunday, after Adam's nap, we went to Papa and Finny's house for a delicious Halloween dinner with Ed, Mary, and Willie.I snapped some pictures of Adam while we were outside. He LOVES crawling around in the grass and trying to sneak in a few handfulls of grass, leaves, and twigs.

Today we spent the entire day at home. We played, went for a walk, and I cleaned like a crazy woman. We don't wear shoes in our house in order to keep the floors semi-clean (especially since Adam crawls all over them), however they still seem to get so dirty!

Owen has, for the most part, given up his afternoon naps. There are still some days where he will fall asleep and take a looooong nap, but he has to be super tired for that to happen. It actually works out better when he does not nap. If he falls asleep he usually sleeps around 2-3 hours and then won't be tired until 10 or 11 at night! He had such a hard time falling asleep at night that I realized he is probably ready for no nap and a much earlier bed time. I still make him "rest" every day for an hour. It is nice that Mike and I have time to ourselves in the evenings now that both boys are in bed around 7 every night!

We have a busy week this week. Wednesday Owen has swimming lessons and Thursday is Trick-or-Treat. I'm looking forward to seeing the boys in their costumes!

1 comment:

Maddie said...

Adam is the cutest little pumpkin in his orange polo :)