Friday, October 1, 2010

More Firsts

This week Adam started "cruising". He pulls himself up to a standing position and is able to take some steps while he holds on to the couch, train table, toy basket, or whatever he used to pull himself up. He's still very wobbly and almost once a day he falls and hits his head pretty hard on the floor. He cries and cries, but after some snuggles and his "nunner" (pacifier) he is good to go again. I don't get much done during the day because I am always close to Adam trying to make sure he doesn't fall or get into something he shouldn't. It seems the minute I walk away he falls and bumps his head or gets into something he is not supposed to!


Adam has also started to wave "bye-bye". We've been working on it when people leave and for the past few days when he would get up from his nap, I would take his nun out of his mouth and put it back in his crib and we would wave "bye-bye" to the nun. Today he waved "bye-bye" all by himself!

Adam is slowly starting to eat a little better. He does a good job with breakfast and will usually eat all of his oatmeal mixed with some sort of fruit. He likes a few other foods, but it takes him a couple days to finish a jar of baby food. He does best if I sing to him while I feed him. One of his favorite songs is "I Like to Eat Apples and Bananas". I like when Owen is here to help sing because it can wear on me after a while! Adam LOVES rice rusks and would eat 6 a day if I let him. Thankfully I found the veggie kind. We are surely keeping the rice rusk company in business!

No comments: