Monday, December 30, 2013

Most Memorable Moments of 2013

After looking back over my blog posts, I made of a list of our most memorable moments this year.  Here goes, in no particular order...

1.  Definitely not one of the happiest memories, but something I won't forget: My grandmother, Ollie, passed away last January.  I wrote two posts about her that month here and here.  I think about her a lot.

2.  In April, Adam said good-bye to his nunnies (pacifiers).  I feel like it's been a lot longer than a year, but it really hasn't!

3.  In April, Owen ran in his very first 5K race. 

4.  In May, the Scanlon's visited and Mike and Todd took the kids on a treasure hunt to search for gold.  The boys still talk about that very special day.  I know it is a memory they won't forget!

5.  In May, Jesse & Anna got married.  Owen and Adam were both in the wedding.  A wonderful day!

6.  In June, Owen lost his first tooth (which he swallowed!).

7.  In July, we took a road trip to visit friends in NY.  We had a great time and the boys still talk about it.

8.  In July, we also took a little family trip to the beach.  Owen often asks to go back.  Even though the weather wasn't the greatest, we had such a great time together and can't wait to go back.

9.  At the beginning of August, Owen knee boarded at Raystown Lake for the very first time.  Now that Christmas is over, Owen can't wait until he can go up to the lake.  We all enjoy going up there, but I think he loves it the most!

10.  Maddie and Below got married in August.  My cousin (and friend) married one of Mike's best friends.  How great is that?!?

11.  The other night at dinner we asked Owen what he favorite memory from 2013 was and he said, without hesitation, going to the beach with the Szajda family and also winning 1,000 tickets at the arcade.  Definitely a special memory.

12.  In September we found out my sister and Eric are having a baby.  I am beyond excited and can not wait to be an aunt, the boys can't wait to have a new cousin, and I know Mike is looking forward to being an uncle and holding a tiny baby again. 

As I look back at our most memorable moments I'm so thankful for our family's health and happiness.  I really couldn't ask for more.  So long 2013-- looking forward to a nice, even-numbered year...2014. 

No comments: