The first thing we did was leave five $1 bills scattered at different spots in the kids' section at our local Dollar Store. We left a Random Acts of Christmas Kindness card with each dollar.
I was trying to be a little sneaky about it because I didn't want anyone to see us. Owen took it as we were doing something wrong. I'm so thankful for his always-obey-the-rules attitude. I explained to him over and over that we weren't doing anything wrong leaving dollar bills. Some little boy or girl would be very excited!
This past week we left lottery tickets for our mail carrier and garbage guys. We got a nice thank you note from our mail lady.
The boys sat with us at church this past Sunday and we went to the early service so they didn't get to give their teachers a gift, but I have them all ready.
And today we crossed the rest of our items off...
Nana Way, Mike, and the boys took a tin of popcorn to the police station. They also left over $7 in quarters at the laundromat along with a R.A.C.K tag.
And tonight, we drove through the McDonalds drive thru and paid for the person's meal behind us.
I LOVE this tradition we've started. We really want our boys to understand the importance of giving to others and know what it feels like to give and not only receive.
No comments:
Post a Comment