What a weekend it's been so far! Friday, the boys and I stayed inside ALL day. It's rare that we do that. I usually find some reason to leave the house, but it was rainy and cold and I couldn't bare the thought of lugging both boys outside. Mike had a crazy day at work and got home a little late and we decided to take the boys out to dinner. It's rare that we go out to eat mainly because it gets expensive and also because going out to eat with Adam can be more work than it's worth! However, we know it's important to take him to restaurants so he knows/practices how we expect him to behave. We went out to eat a lot when Owen was little and he's usually very well behaved when we go out to eat. Anyway, we decided to drive 30 minutes away to eat at a restaurant with delicious food. I know they get super busy so I did the call ahead seating thing. Well, after driving all the way there listening to Adam fuss because he was hungry, they told us we were not on the list and would have to wait 30 mintues. I guess there was a "misunderstanding"?? I never do this, but I was so angry that I asked to speak to the manager. He would not move us to the top of the list. I was so upset and the boys were starving. We ended up getting Owen McDonald's (Adam had a few fries to hold him over till we got home) and Mike and I got Wendy's. So we drove an hour for FAST FOOD and ate in the car!!! I tried to not let it affect my Friday night, but I was bitter about the whole thing. In fact, I "liked" them on Facebook and then left a complaint. Something else I NEVER do, but it was a little therapeutic in helping me to move on. ha! Hopefully they fix their problem so it does not happen to another family with hungry kids :)
So, in an effort to change the "vibe" of our evening, Mike decided to give me an early Mother's Day gift. We usually don't get each other gifts and if we do they are nothing big. I tried to talk him into waiting until the actual day, but he refused. Well, he definitely out did himself. This is something I have always wanted, and hoped to get one day, but definitely not anytime soon. It was wrapped in pretty Lily Pulitizer wrapping paper, which I hated to rip, but Owen was still up and he couldn't WAIT for me to open it. So I did. And this is what it was...
A new camera, complete with a camera bag and really nice lens. While I thought he should probably have his head examined for getting such a "big" gift, I absolutely love it and it definitely helped to change the vibe and I suddenly forgot all about our terrible restaurant experience.
We both agree that this camera ranks right up there with our pellet stove. Two of the best purchases we've made for our house/family. Neither of us are "gift" people- it's just not our love language, so I think that made it even more special.
Mike was so sweet too when he gave it to me. I think he knew I might be upset about him spending money on me so he told me how much he appreciated everything I do, how I'm a great mom, and how I deserved a nice gift. How could I possibly be mad?? Owen was watching and listening to Mike tell me all those sweet things, hopefully taking notes for one day when he's a husband and daddy himself! :)
I have been playing with my camera all weekend. I have a new best virtual friend called "The Fro". He has a
website with tutorials and I've learned a lot from them.
However, I think I've learned the most from Kate, my cousin. Not only did she help Mike figure out which camera to buy and what accessories I would need, she stopped over today and spent a few hours teaching me how to work my camera.
I still have a lot to learn, like how to change the pixels so my pictures look clear and crisp on my blog too. I know I'll never be an expert photographer, but I definitely enjoy it! Maybe even more than this guy enjoyed his pickle today when we went to lunch with my mom. Round two was much better. It made up for the night before :)
No comments:
Post a Comment