Monday, April 11, 2011

Our Day

Today was the second nicest day we've had this year so far.  Windows open, sunscreen, hats, shorts, playing on our screened in porch... all signs that summer is just around the corner.  Temperatures were in the 80s and we played outside until we were so hot and tired we couldn't take it anymore. 

Adam ate at least half a cup of sand throughout the day.  He loves the sandbox and doesn't mind the gritty taste of sand between his teeth either.  He also had a taste of pine needles, a leaf, and a stick.  He's organic like that.  I almost always catch him and when I do, I say, "Ahhhh" for him to show me his mouth so I can fish out whatever might be in there that doesn't belong.  He's so used to it that now, when I say "No mouth" he immediately sticks his tongue out and goes "Ahhhhh" as if to show me his mouth is clear.  Of course he has a big smile on his face while he does it.  He thinks it's funny.  What a stinker!!

Today we got the baby pool out for the first time since last summer.  The boys had a blast playing with water and it really helped to cool them off.  It took about 1 minute until the water was full of dirt, grass, and other nastiness that used to drive me nuts, but now it doesn't phase me one bit.  Boys will do that to you.
Gotta love the backwards shirt :)
There's not much cuter than chubby, baby feet.  Even muddy ones :)
Here's the owner of those cute, Flinstone feet...  Mr. Adam.
Adam's footprint

My 2010 blog book finally arrived today.  I had ordered it in February, but the United States Postal Service lost it.  After spending 3 weeks trying to track it down, which was impossible, I called the blog book company and they kindly sent me a new one.
I'm not too thrilled about a book detailing every single event from our family for the past year being "lost", but I am happy that we finally have a copy for ourselves.  The #1 reason I blog is for my kids and maybe even my grandkids.  Hopefully one day they find all this gibberish interesting, or at least humorous.


I was very shocked at how much longer this book is than my 2009 book.  I guess I had a lot more to write about since I had Adam and was home and not working.  My first book had 127 pages.  This book has 305 pages!!  Holy cow. 

I did not get to try out my new camera today.  I took all my pictures with my old camera because it is way too hard to carry around a heavy camera which takes me a while to figure out while chasing Adam all around.  I think I'll only be getting my "big" camera out when there's another adult around to help with the boys (for now)!

No comments: