Monday, April 4, 2011

Owen's Birthday Weekend

Owen had a wonderful birthday weekend!  Friday night Aunt Judy, Uncle Boo, Lala, Steve, and Nana Way stopped over to give Owen his presents.  We (the adults) enjoyed watching old videos of Owen's first birthday, his first trip to the beach, and his second Christmas.  Owen was too excited playing with his presents to really care about the videos.

Saturday morning daddy took Owen to swimming lessons at LVC and he came home, had lunch, and took a nice, long nap.  He woke up just in time to go to his birthday party.  The kids had a great time running all around, playing together, climbing, sliding, jumping, and pretending.  I took a lot of pictures, but many of them are of the back of kids' heads.  They were so wild that I had trouble taking the picture fast enough.

I think Adam had as much fun as Owen!  He ran around like a wild man the entire time.  Oh, and he tried to kiss some girls.

All the kids were so hot and sweaty!  Owen's party theme was Toystory and at one point during the party they dimmed the lights, turned on the light machine and played the Toystory theme song.  Owen was amazed and kept looking up toward the ceiling.  It's then that I realized that he thought Buzz Lightyear, himself, was going to fly into the room.  Poor guy was pretty disappointed when I had to break it to him that Buzz was not coming to his party.  After an hour of playing we headed back to the "party room" for pizza, chips, hot dogs, applesauce, and juice.  I thought I had counted the number of kids correctly, but once we went back to the room to eat I realized I did not set enough spots.  Turns out, two kids that we did not even know decided to come back with us to eat! Things were so nuts that I never even realized a little girl I never met sitting right next to Owen.  After she had eating her applesauce and had some juice her mom finally came in looking for her.  We were all laughing!!  Two little party crashers :)

The kids were very hungry after all that playing!  Then, we sang to the birthday boy and had cupcakes.
I think Owen really enjoyed himself and felt very special which is what we wanted.  When my mom asked him how it felt to be 4 years old he told her it felt "silly".

I ended up making the cupcakes for Owen's party rather than getting them from a bakery.  I cheated and made the boxed kind and used the already made icing, however I think they turned out really yummy and I'm pretty sure the kids did not know the difference.  They looked bakery bought too since I used the Pampered Chef icing thing to put the icing on the cupcakes.  I don't think I will ever buy cupcakes from a bakery again.  I always wanted to be a cake decorator which is probably why I REALLY enjoyed making the cupcakes.

Sunday morning I took Owen to Sunday School while I went to church.  It was our turn to bring in treats for the cafe and since I had about 25 leftover cupcakes I brought them in to share.  Owen took chocolate chip cookies in to his class to share with his friends.  He got to listen to everyone sing "Happy Birthday" for the 3rd time (1st time was at Linda's house earlier in the week).  We came home from church and Aunt Beth, Paige, Ella, Samantha, and Lala came over to play.
This picture made me laugh.  Our family went from zero kids to four kids in just four years.
Poor Aunt Beth was probably exhausted by the time she left our house.  Owen had her running ALL over our yard many many times.  He was so happy to have her here to boss around and play with him.

Sunday night we headed over to Papa and Finney's house for dinner and presents.  Owen got so many nice gifts from his family and friends.  He is such a lucky boy!  Finney baked one of Owen's favorite desserts... chocolate cake with peanut butter icing :)  We sang "Happy Birthday" (for the 4th time) and had yummy cake.



What a super birthday weekend!  Now it's back to reality for one certain 4 year old :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks like an amazing weekend for a little boy! I made Owen a little something...any chance you'll be around this weekend?!