Today the boys and I made the long haul 'over the river' to pick up Adam's glasses. The family that owns the shop is very patient and they have lots of toys for kids to play with when they visit. Adam did a lot better than I thought he would. If we had him distracted with a toy in each hand, he was great about letting them put the glasses on, take them off to adjust them, and put them back on. He played for a long time with them on and even wore them all the way home without pulling them off!
Well, that could be because he fell asleep, but still. Once we got home and he realized they were on, he pulled them off. I got him to wear them for a bit while he ate lunch and while we played together in the basement, but after about 15 minutes he pulled them off. I haven't had any luck since then. I'm afraid the poor guy is going to be traumatized and I don't want that. I am going to try every day to get him to wear them, but if he pulls them off I am not going to keep putting them on and battling with him. After all, he is only 14 months old!
3 comments:
Too cute...
Adorable!!!
So my Caitlin began wearing glasses when she about that age- and a patch a bit later...they do get used to wearing them and you are right- it can be a battle...stick with it though:-) the battle will end- truly!
BTW- love this blog!
Jill
Post a Comment