Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend

On Saturday I met some friends for lunch in Lancaster.  We had a great time and took up a table talking for way too long, as usual.  I also ate way too much, as usual.  I don't have much self control when it comes to endless soup, salad, and breadsticks!  The nice thing is I am always so full that I don't eat until breakfast the following day.  ha!

On Sunday, while Owen was playing at Lala and Papa Steve's, Mike and I took Adam on a hike.  It was nice doing something with just Adam since that rarely happens.  The hike was a little extreme so I don't think Owen would have been able to do it anyway.  It wasn't long, but very steep at parts.  It was so worth it though to get to this view....
I can't believe this beautiful place is only a few minutes (about two miles)  from our house!
Many years ago this was a mining pit.  However, during the flood of 1972  (Hurricane Agnus), it filled with water because the pumps in town failed.  Mike told me there are supposedly lots of big fish in there, but there are no streams running into it.  Any guesses on how the fish got there?  He told me and I was pretty surprised!
 
Sadly, this lovely place will soon be full of bulldozers, dirt, houses, a marina, and a huge indoor water park.  The boys' elementary school will probably have to expand to accommodate all the new families with children.  ugh. 
It's hard to see, but this tree has a large buck rub on it.  Mike was impressed so I took a picture.
Sunday night we had dinner at Papa and Finney's house.  Finney made a delicious dinner!  Afterwards we had fun trying on Papa's silly hat and taking pictures.






Have a nice week!

2 comments:

sdoerrman said...

Nice look for Mike.

Kristin said...

That is a beautiful place. I can't believe it will be gone. And I can't believe they are going to build an indoor water park.