Today was Adam's first swimming class. I have never seen him that excited, smiley, and happy for that long. He is usually pretty happy and smiles a lot, but this was even more than normal. He was loving life and would have stayed in the pool all day if I let him. He screeched, splashed, waved to anyone and everyone, cooed, clapped, splashed, laughed, kicked, splashed some more, blew bubbles, swallowed water, splashed some more, danced, and played. We got a lot of looks from the other parents who were probably thankful their child was not as hyper and wild as mine, but that's OK. I really wish I would have some video footage or pictures, but seeing how it was just Adam and I, that wasn't possible. I'm already looking forward to our next class together. It's so nice being able to do something special just the two of us. Getting both of us dry and changed afterwards is borderline nightmarish, but it's totally worth it to see him so happy and excited about swimming.
OK now I have to go because the "Toot" machine, which is in the drawer next to me, which has provided us with more laughter than it probably should, keeps making random toot noises and it is freaking me out! Not sure how or why it is making noises seeing how there are no little boys (or a big boy for that matter) around to push the button on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment